PDA

View Full Version : 27 outboard donzi???

CDMA
11-11-2001, 06:07 PM
Anyone heard of this. Couldn't really be right? Looks lore like a magnum.

Chris
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/0/15921270.htm

Ross
11-11-2001, 06:48 PM
If it was a 1968 it could be a Magnum Donzi ?? See pg 82 in King Of Thunder Boat Row.

Formula Jr
11-11-2001, 07:21 PM
Checkout page 66 in Thunderboat Row. Appears to be the same design, which would make it a Magnum. The ad boat looks to have some severe damage to the Starboard Chine. '78 must be a typo.

Robert Geoghegan
11-13-2001, 06:32 PM
I think Ross and Formula are right. I'm restoring a 1967 28' Magnum Race Hull, and the lines on this boat look identical to the hull I'm restoring. I would also bet this is a 28' not a 27'. I know Aronow raced two 28's, one with outboards for rough races, the other with I/O's for calmer races. He also had two hulls in Europe set up the same way, maybe that is why this advertiser claims only four made...?

I will be posting some photos of my boats restoration soon (I can do fiberglass repair but not too good with computers-A friend offered today to help me post photos.)

This might be a good boat for someone to purchase if they want to get it in the upcoming movie, "Donzi, the Legend". Four Starz Productions has announced that Alec Baldwin will be starring as Aronow. Production is to begin this spring!

Is there anyone in Sarasota that might be able to check this out? If someone could post a photo of the deck, that would certainly tell if its a 28' Magnum/Donzi. These boats are not quite as rare as the "Bananna" boats, but are worth looking at, but not for $7,000.00

Bob G :)

Formula Jr
11-13-2001, 07:04 PM
So who's playing Jim Wynne...?
Hey Four Starz! I'm available and will work cheap!!!!!!

mattyboy
11-13-2001, 07:32 PM
Mr. Demile,
I'm ready for my close-up, :eek:
do they need stunt double,
I'll gladly lend my boat for production,
in return of course for a new 22 SE

Matt

BERTRAM BOY
11-13-2001, 07:46 PM
Alec Baldwin??????
Please say it ain't so.......
BERTRAM BOY :mad: :mad: :mad:

SundanceKid
11-13-2001, 09:04 PM
On page 66, it says that the two Magnumn's (the outboard and the inboard boat) were 27's, I'm confused?

Formula Jr
11-13-2001, 09:35 PM
Oh! and Four Starz, Jim's significant other looked just like Jeri Ryan. They were always all over eachother. Guess you'll just have to work that in to the script somehow to be historicly accurate. :)

mattyboy
11-14-2001, 07:20 AM
you got that right, JR.
she's not 7 of 9 she's a perfect 10!!!
and I'll glady rehearse with her so she ready to go for the big love seen!!!!!
Matt

Christian
11-14-2001, 08:43 AM
is it just me or would any one be really leery to lend their classic to be driven by someone else for this supposed movie?

if i wasn't driving or at least in it, i think i'd pass
our classic is just so dear to us ;)

Christian

mattyboy
11-14-2001, 01:22 PM
Christian,
I didn't say lend, I said in exchange for use of the boat I would take a brand spankin new 22
special edition, and now that Jr. mentioned her I'll take Jeri Ryan riding in the back,
perferably in the swimwear the lake winnie girls wear
I do love my 16 but it is not everything to me, It's the only thing!!

Matt

Robert Geoghegan
11-15-2001, 08:03 AM
Sundance,
Don't be confused-The book does refer to it as a 27. The tape measure has it at 28. The Book Searace also properly refers to it as a 28. I'm impressed that you were so observant!
Christian,
I would not "loan" them the boat, Four Starz is offering serious compensation ($$$$) for the use of boats in the movie. They are also fully insuring - liability, engines, etc..
Matt,
Who is Jeri Ryan???

ALLAN BROWN
11-15-2001, 08:19 AM
The original 28' Magnum was designed and built by Harry Schoell at Magnum in 1966. It was a higher freeboard the the later Magnums, which were cut off versions (vertically), which became shorter. The full size 28' were never sold to the public. Carl Kiekhaefer bought the 28' mold, and gave it to Gen. Mabry Edwards (MEMCO), who built a few raceboats, and then sold the mold to Randy Rabe (RABCO). The boat in question fits somewhere in the middle of that, but it ain't a Donzi.

AB

mattyboy
11-15-2001, 08:40 AM
Robert,
Jeri Ryan is an extremely beautiful blonde,
she played 7 of 9( a borg ) on star trek voyager and her outfit was painted on! very much like Michelle Pfifer (sp) leather cat woman outfit so much that after her first season they would not shoot her walking to or away it was some outfit :eek:
now she is on boston public on fox network.
she made me a star trek fan

4 stars my boat is available have your people call my people, we'll do lunch!
gonna get in the dog house with this one
check out http://jerilynn.com
my son found this site, no really !
who know how them teenage boys are, I've never seen this site before

Matt
:p

Formula Jr
11-15-2001, 02:25 PM
Matt, I want to personaly thank your son for that website!
Good Work There, Young Fella!!!!!
Got any thing on Hellen Hunt???
I mean you need an understudy right? :D

mattyboy
11-15-2001, 03:09 PM
the boy says no thanks needed,
you want Helen you got Helen
http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~ou/pics/helen.html
now if we have Jeri and Helen, I'm gonna need some Oysters and a few days off from work!
:cool: :eek:
Matt
might I say these 2 women are beautiful but they are not as Beautiful as my wife! I wonder if she is still standing behind me?