PDA

View Full Version : winterizing.......methods

Moody Blu'
11-09-2001, 12:49 PM
I was wondering if 2 stroke gas mixed at 32:1
would be good to lube the cylinders up, on top of fogging oil?
what do you guys think?

other then that, I am going to fill up the block with straight antifreeze(no water) and plug both ends of the engine so there will be no leaks.

Am I misisng anything else?

fuel stabilizer check!
antifreeze check!
fogging oil check!

thanks in advance, boy ive been busy lately!

Philip47
11-09-2001, 04:37 PM
I am sooooooo lucky that
I can run year round and not winerize!!!!

Sagbay32
11-09-2001, 05:05 PM
From now on Mr. Philip47 I wish that you would refrain from such comments as you previous one :( ! I hate the envy as much as the salt stained tear streaks! ;) .

Dennis
11-09-2001, 08:05 PM
Please read the back of the Antifreeze jug!
Straight antifreeze isn't as good as mix! it requires water to work !!!! I believe strait it freezes at 10 below but mixed it will do 40 below

Blewbyu
11-09-2001, 11:48 PM
Hey Sky-I wouldn't shoot gas mix in with fog oil-it'll just wash down the fogging oil.
Just use the fog oil by itself-it works great.After fogging the carb,shut down and pull the plugs.Hopefully no water will run out the plugholes....shoot fog oil liberally into the cylinders, and run the plugs back in finger tight.
Anti-freeze.....read the bottle.The manufacturer did the engineering and studies for you at considerable expense!Don't ignore their advice based on some buddy's best guess.Straight water will,of course,cool your engine better than a mix.It will still boil and freeze at it's own limits tho.If you desire to raise the boiling point or lower the freezing point.....Viol!Anti-freeze!
:D