PDA

View Full Version : Carburetor Float Sticking-Holley 850

donzinh
05-21-2000, 05:25 PM
The float on my Holley 850 is sticking-particularly at start-up. I have taken it apart, installed new needle values, etc.. I am also getting a lot of carbon build-up on the exhaust ports? Need some Help???

RickR,GroveCity
05-22-2000, 10:51 AM
When you installed the needle and seat did you inspect the float?
They can become saturated with fuel.
Were all the float arms right? I worked on a 1BBL Qjet for 2 weeks before I discovered one of the tangs on the float was bent.
Do you have a canister type fuel filter?
If so change it.
If not, install one.

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Kenn
05-26-2000, 02:52 PM
Hi,
If the power valve is ok and you continue to have the problem, consider replacing the needle and seat with a "gross jet".

The people who own the patent and who make the item are in Stoneham Massachusetts.
It's a replacement for a needle and seat.
It's a brass cylinder with balls inside that meter the flow of the fuel. It never gets dirty or stuck open, that's the reason for the valve design.
I met the inventor some years ago, most auto manufacturers want stuff they don't have to pay royalties for, so it's an aftermarket item. It's a great item.
I have used them on about everything I have with a carburator and they really work, never stick or get dirty, allow me to have a higher float setting in the bowl and they avoid overflows etc.
Also they are not much $$$.

http://206.150.187.82/ubb/wink.gif