PDA

View Full Version : Trip to PA, new Donzi is home!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-09-2001, 04:11 AM
Just wanted to let everyone here know that the Donzi dealer in Northeast PA (The Boat Store) was in my opinion a class act. Very professional, true to their word on all that was discussed long distance, email and phone.
Donzi is lucky to have a dealer like that, unfortunately, next time I move up I will have to drive back to PA for some more great service. Thanks Greg and Jack.

Long story short, 41 hours round trip and that included one nights rest and a great ride on Erie...

Nap time then splash time!
Bryan

Tomahawk
11-09-2001, 06:10 AM
Very, very nice Bryan. Congrats. I want to see that baby next May at AOTHII. Take it easy with it and don't break it! See you then.

Bandit
11-09-2001, 06:49 AM
Glad to hear you made it back Bryan with a new 26'. I'd say it was a trip well worth it!

mattyboy
11-09-2001, 07:28 AM
best wishes with the new boat,
now tuck her in for a winter nap,
man you must be like a kid sitting in front of the christmas tree waiting for the family to wake :eek: :eek:

Matt

boldts
11-09-2001, 07:48 AM
Bryan,
Your e-mail in my box this morning was just what I was hoping to hear from you. Lake Erie because of how shallow it is can get very ruff when the wind kicks up. I'm sure that your test ride gave you a good indication of how the 26 will handle the Chespeake Bay. Supposed to be in the upper 50's this weekend. I have a date with my 18' Classic one more time on Saturday. Sweatshirts and maybe even the winter coat will be the attire for the day, but all thoughts of the cold will be forgotten once the engine starts and the exhaust rumbles. The mystic of a performance boat coming to life. OOOOH What A Feeling!!! AOTH II is 6 months away and plans are progressing nicely. Can't wait to see your new girl in May. She makes a beautiful wallpaper picture also. :D

roadtrip se
11-09-2001, 09:50 AM
Bryan,

Congratulations!

Bravo good. 502 good. Life good.

Can't wait to see it.

Todd

RickSE
11-09-2001, 11:10 AM
Bryan,
Congrats.

Did you trade in the 22?

DONZIMAN2
11-09-2001, 11:56 AM
22 is gone!!!!!!!!! That boat will really be missed. Bryan, Great talking to you on the phone. Glad you made it home safe. Should be broke in by the end of the weekend. Will see you on the water. Bob

Sam
11-09-2001, 12:15 PM
Congrats ! Can't wait to see it at AOTH, post some pics as soon as you can.

Sam

SundanceKid
11-09-2001, 12:27 PM
Bryan, what type of power did you get in the new 26? Keep us updated with all the latest performance!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-09-2001, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone, no winter nap yet.... we splash in the a.m. Nancy and the kids are ready. I will put her up soon, just briefed the neighbor on the renovation project I have to alter because of the size of the new boat! LOL

She is a 502, ,she ran great on the Erie Bay. I took her to 5000 only for a second to be sure she was okay. The most noticble difference besides the smooth ride in the slop is having the ability to turn her and not sweat a spin so much. At 40 and 45 MPH I was able to make good turns etc. She is quite agile and has lots of mid range punch. As written in many reviews, she is a tank out of the hole but your easily in the mid range power within 15 to 20 seconds.

Can't wait for the AOTH II and to see all you folks.
The 22 was my trade, I will miss her.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellerie01.jpg
Bryan

Crazy Horse
11-09-2001, 05:13 PM
Nice going Bryan...good luck.

Dr. Dan
11-09-2001, 05:25 PM
Sweet! ... :cool:

Philip47
11-09-2001, 06:06 PM
Awsome Boat, you deserve to be really proud, congrats !!!!!!!! I couldn't wait to sring to wet that hull either, hope you have a mild fall and can get here wet!!!! I'm so lucky we can boat all year down south yall!!!

BigGrizzly
11-10-2001, 12:01 AM
Waiting for the results on Saturday. Then you will spend the rest of November cleaning her up, like the 22. Hope it works as good as it looks. thanks for the E-mail

Randy

Shanghied Again
11-11-2001, 08:51 AM
Bryan, Thanks for the E-Mail. She looks great! The 26 is a real pretty boat, You must love the difference in the ride. I like the room in the cabin a lot better then the 22 you can sit if the weather gets real nasty. The Best of luck with her. :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-11-2001, 12:48 PM
Hi Frank, the maiden voyage with the family WAS interesting, I assumed a 2001 drive would have both water pick ups, mine is low only, so we hung on the beach for awhile, ready to leave, sucked some sand, engine heated up etc.(BEEP BEEP).. pulled the hose, fired her off and blew the sand out... fired her up, good to go and back across the bay we went...
But even after all that it was one of the best boating days we ever had as a family, we crossed the bay at 3500 to 4000 RPM, 50 to 55 MPH in some serious slop! My daughter didn't freak, my son loved it and Nancy rode in the bolster without even holding on....

So did you get a deal on the boat you were looking at in NJ? The one at Jacksons is still there, you know they would treat you right!

Keep me posted Frank.
Bryan

Shanghied Again
11-11-2001, 03:41 PM
Bryan, I am working with cape island now. With fingers crossed the deal should be complete on saturday. 26ZX with the 502, Got a great trade in price. If all goes well we will own the boat on saturday. I am happy to hear she drives so nice. I wont be taking her for a ride until March or April. To cold up here. :D

GEOO
11-11-2001, 04:17 PM
Bryan,

Nice ride!! Can't wait to she her at AOTH 2.

GEOO

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-11-2001, 04:38 PM
Thanks GEOO, we'll be there for sure.

Frank, we are in the 60 degree range here, buy her and turn south! Shoot me an email with the scoop!

Good luck Frank... keep us posted.
Bryan

DONZIMAN2
11-12-2001, 09:24 PM
Bryan and I were out most of the weekend. That is one sweet boat. I do not think he is missing the 22ZX anymore. The club is calling us the Double "D"'s. Sounds good to me. Great time Bryan, Thanks.

Steven Cohn
11-13-2001, 03:45 PM
Man, she looks like she's flying sitting on the trailer.