PDA

View Full Version : Progress

CDMA
05-20-2000, 10:15 AM
After a timely absence due to computer problems I am now back it business. The boat is coming out real well. About two weeks ago it was primed with high fill primer and the body work was really nice.. I spent the next two weeks blocking it out. Now as we speak it is in a commercial wharehouse suspended from the roof from a monster 20 ton crane. Last night we sprayed 3 coats of 22 line Glasurit yellow matched to the original color and then a light coat with 30 percent clear. It looks great. I have a couple more hours before I head out and scuff the surface for the black stripe. That will be done tonight. The boat really looks good. The engine hatch leaves a little to be desired but worst case scenario I will just do it over. The West system worked great as a filler but anyone who uses it pay special attention to filling the little pin holes it developes it the surface especially if you sand through the primer. The starboard side exhasut patch has a few but nothing that will not polish out. I have to say that it my opinion it is one of the nicest jobs I have ever seen. That is with the exception of Howard O's ( my idol) . Did anyone ever see the paint on that boat? Wow. So the trailer got new wheels, tires, rollers, bearings, hubs, axel, and soon to be lights and winch. I had to move the axel back a couple of inches due to improper weight distribution. ( If you were under the back your leg was coming off). My new upolstry has arrived from Bilt Rite. What quality. Paul O break out the walet because your boat needs this stuff.I figure now a couple of weeks to get it close to back together. The engine is already in as well as the transom housing. Thanks to avickers I have the last piece I needed to reassemble the powertrain. All the chrome is done and the aluminun seats are polished. The only real serious thing I have to do is wire this thing. So that is the story. Actually the computer crashing has been a blessing in disguise because now I can stay off this site. Be thankful. There is so much on this site that you realize you need when you can not get to it.

So my final goal it do get this thing together for my Senior Prom. I have 24 friends of mine going out to my family's boat and what I want more than anything is to have the boat there. But for now I must go to work I have close to $ 9,000 invested so far and there still is much more to do. I can't wait to get a real job.

More to come.....

Chris Allard
Classic Donzi owner

RickR,GroveCity
05-20-2000, 02:14 PM
Chris
Way to Go!!!!! http://206.150.187.82/ubb/biggrin.gif
Sounds like you're getting close.

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

PaulO
05-21-2000, 09:45 PM
Chris,
Glad to hear you are really cookin' now! Can't wait to see it. I solved my oil leak and exhaust problem and the boat is running really great. Maybe next weekend you can come by for some wake jumping.
Paul

CDMA
05-22-2000, 06:08 AM
Don't have to twist my arm.