PDA

View Full Version : Want to try a 26P, & 27P Mirage plus

Philip47
11-07-2001, 03:31 PM
Want to try these two pitches before I purchase, anyone have one I can test now that the season is over for most of you?

Will insure shipping and be finacialy respondsable for your prop, Thanks

HP 600SC
11-07-2001, 06:19 PM
You will have to try a Bravo one 4 blade
to be a 26" and the 27 mirage plus is a very
small diameter. Be interisting to see if
you can use the 27 mirage plus....there a
weird prop.

SundanceKid
11-07-2001, 07:22 PM
Hey Scott, where do you live?

RedDog
11-07-2001, 08:07 PM
Yo Phillip - you know if the inlaws bring down to Orange Beach again next summer, I have to get a ride. That Apache looks like a real cool boat!

Philip47
11-07-2001, 08:37 PM
Thanks Reddog,
Will take some pics this weekend in the water and post em under"other performance boats" topic.
Ride, hell no, you drive,maybe by the summer I'll have a feel for this boat, only been in the water twice and need some time behind the wheel to get a feel for everything, that and get prop'd right, hoping to run in your territory of 70-72
Currently getting the feel for chine walking at 67-68 mph

BigGrizzly
11-08-2001, 12:05 AM
I did the 27 Marage Plus, but the Turbo 27 was faster, accelerates harder and is more stable. The Marage plus was a good prop untill I found Turbo props. If your boat chine walks now at 68 better get different type of prop. I have 698+ Hp a 1.50:1 drive ratio and turned the Marage pluss at 5200 rpms at 81.2. the turbo 27 turned the same RPMs but at 82.4 on the same day and same place. I would be surprised if you can turn 27 M-plus. I gave back the Marage plus and kept the Turbo.

Randy

Philip47
11-08-2001, 06:34 PM
Just tried a 14 1/4 25P 4 blade Turbo, didn't think much of their product, there are variances in thickness of the blade, from one to another and even after washing the drive and prop it had alot of brown "rust" stains on it, never seen rust on a Mirage, the Turbo must not me made of the same grade of stainless

BigGrizzly
11-09-2001, 01:03 AM
I never found that, I measured the Marage pluses I had on my lathe and found the thrust side to be almost 1 inch different between the three blades and the leading edg was not square. Not so with the turbos. I don't know where the rust came from with a stainless prop with a bronz bushing. I have never found rust spots on any of my props either merc turbo or Hill, better check your engine. As for the stainless grade, their are over 400 different ones, but they are both compatable. I found the same inconcistancys in two BravoI props which I tried. I am courious if you could pull a 27 toe. None of this matters to me, just hope you find the right prop for your boat.

Randt

Philip47
11-09-2001, 01:13 PM
I'm a very inexperienced boater, took a veteren boat mechanice for a ride today and he said the 25P Mirage plus has been cupped and is just fine for the boat, I was giving it too much trottle too quickly.
As for chine walk, we were trimming out on the top end and as you come out off the water you get a little loose, he said there is more trim and top end there I just have to get used to the boat and driving at speed, very controled chine walk
This is my first stern drive performance boat. Hit 70 @ 5000 rpm
As for the rust, it was on the outside of the Turbo prop, it had rust "run" spots , I was suprised to see it as the Mirage looks great, I run in salt/brackish water, for all I know the variances I see in the prop blades are supposed to be there. My boating experience was when I was much younger with low power inboards, this is a whole new world and alot to learn

Philip47
11-11-2001, 07:10 PM
Okay okay, I'll try making shure the Turbo 4 blade is washed,rinsed after each use to avoid "rust runs"

Tried it today for 4 hours, much better out of the hole, instant acceration in the mid range, and gained 2-3 MPH on the top end.

Wifey was with me, So Icould only quickly see what WOT RPM was, ran 68 @ 4800 with basically no trim, should pick up 3-4 mph trimmed.

Hit 68 in a heart beat, much quicker than the Mirage Plus, faster 2-3 on the top end and turned 100 RPM less.

Cool and on the first prop change. George at Prescion Props hit on the head, told me exactly what it would do and even said it would drop a hundred RPM, Go figure :D D