PDA

View Full Version : Life Jackets for Driver

Crazy Horse
11-06-2001, 10:39 PM
Anyone have recommendations for a comfortable light wieght jacket that doesn't feel cumbersome while WOT?

RickR
11-07-2001, 05:55 AM
If you're not going to WRECK :eek: an Type V inflatable is the way to go.
For impact a 4 buckle ski vest or High Perofrmance Bass Boat vest.
For Racing a Lifeline.

Looped
11-07-2001, 07:27 AM
Horse,
That would help in Crazyhorse, I thought we were going over backwards on one of those WOT bleeps we did going to the Clam Bake. :eek:

Kent Perroux
11-07-2001, 08:30 AM
Ski vest for cruising in calm, Lifeline for running fast in the rough.

Lifeline or SRP:
1) Holds you tighter in the seat
2) Heavy padding when you ribs hit the steering wheel or other hard objects
3) Easy to see WHEN you get thrown out
4) Floats you better if you are uncouncious

roadtrip se
11-07-2001, 09:07 AM
I have two kevlar lined Lifeline vests, one XL and one M in yellow. Used two or three times for a failed 100MPH SC v-hull project.
Hanging in the closet in bags without a smudge on them. Best there is...
I will sell them to anyone on this board who feels they must go big speeds in their classic.
Todd

donziclassik18
11-07-2001, 02:49 PM
hey crazy horse,
Being a kid and all, when the family went to orlando for the summer vacation, instead of going to the theme parks, i went to a wakeboarding cablepark.(not gonna explain it but go to www..com (http://www..com) for more info) everyone there had those nice neoprone vests and so i bought one after we go back. those 100$ vests, if they fit you right, fit like a shirt. thin, light weight and theres not a bunch of straps to un do when you want out of it. check out overtons, Barts watersports, ski limited, etc... I have one made by a company called Jet Pilot, it has side entry (slides on) then zips on the side and theres one strap around you. i think its about 130$ but wait for a sale and get it for 100$

also some bad news----
its hard to find one that is CG approved they still float tho. and have you ever had the CG pull you over just to see your life jacket???

boldts
11-07-2001, 09:06 PM
CrazyHorse,
Beth and I like a vest that uses a canister to inflate it when needed. It comes in a manual and an automatic version. The automatic version inflates automaticly when it contacts water. The manual version you must pull a rip cord to inflate. They are comfortable and we feel even more than a ski vest. CG approved, but must be worn to be counted as one of your life vests on board. If it is just laying in the boat, it doesn't count. Canisters should be checked every couple years and I believe they can be tested and refilled. Here is a picture of ours in use. http://www.donzi.net/photos/SBoldt08.jpg