PDA

View Full Version : Trivia Question

Kent Perroux
11-05-2001, 08:17 AM
Three boats go out to play on a windy day...
25' Powerplay
22' Velocity
18' Donzi Classic

Which boat comes back broke?

Ozarkboater
11-05-2001, 08:31 AM
twentyfive power play :confused:

boxy
11-05-2001, 08:32 AM
On a windy day 2 conventional styled deep vee's, and 1 stepped bottom pad running hybrid go out to play in the waves, and somebody comes in on a line.....
My guess would be the Velocity....

mattyboy
11-05-2001, 09:21 AM
not the donzi!!!!
that's my final answer!!!

Matt

Kent Perroux
11-05-2001, 12:31 PM
The 22 V came back broke.

Apparently landed bad. Boat literally broke just ahead of the dash starboard side. Deck completely separated from Bow to stern on Starboard side. Also large area of delamination on the starboard side. Boat is only 2 months old.

Driver was knocked unconcious but did not get thown from the boat (lucky because was not wearing a vest). Driver and passenger just seemed a little bruised but ok.

mattyboy
11-05-2001, 12:54 PM
saw a thread on OSO about a velocity that desintergrated! lucky now one got hurt.
2 months old wow hope the factory covers it!!!

Matt

Scott Pearson
11-05-2001, 02:13 PM
Better get "Blister Boy" to represent the guy in the Velocity....Cause he has done such a fine job on his own. And dont you know...NO other companys have problems?

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
11-06-2001, 09:57 AM
from the sounds of whats going on on oso this has happened to velocity's before!
I've seen a couple the regal dealer by me used to sell them not a bad looking boat?
and I do relize that taking on the ocean sometimes is a no win situation! yes and race boat due break but a 22 footer breaking in half around the cockpit doesn't sound to good to me! Glad no one was hurt and I hope this guy gets some help from the factory!

Matt