PDA

View Full Version : Check out the new registry boat

harbormaster
05-16-2000, 08:51 PM
Check out the new boat in the registry. It is owned by Jonathan Blake of Vermont.
What make this boat interesting is that it appears to be a very early ski sporter 16 with a 6 cylinder engine.

This guy could use some pointers from you guys on restoring his baby. Unfortunately he is not very computer literate. I entered his boat into the registry for him. His phone number is in his registry page. Give him a ring.
http://www.donzi.net/sig.gif

Francis O. Saffell
05-17-2000, 02:12 AM
Not quite sure what to make of this boat. If its 16' 7 1/2" then its got to be a pre-production Donzi prototype boat circa '63. If its 17' 3 1/2" its a Formula Jr. Whether its an Aronow Jr or a Thunderbird Jr depends on the chain of title and the real date of Manufacture. I sure wish Michael Aronow would post once and a while and clear up the question if his dad ever made any production Jrs. It isn't a 66 donzi 16 anyway you play it, or a 65, or a 64.

If the wheels are 14" then its a Jr as it scales out at 17' 5". Given the slight angle of the picture
the 1 1/2 " difference is within tolerances. Best Guess: '65 Thunderbird/Formula Jr.

I know BB...........waaaay toooo much time........

[This message has been edited by Francis O. Saffell (edited 05-17-2000).]