PDA

View Full Version : You CAN post videos and pictures..

harbormaster
11-04-2001, 04:50 PM
Folks,
Just upload your video just like you upload a photo to the board.

You add your video in a post by clicking on the url button. follow the instructions.

Scot

RedDog
11-05-2001, 05:15 PM
Here's a tip for video posting I have been trying. Using Windows Media Player Encoder, you can convert your video (mpg or avi) to a streaming format, i.e., you can start viewing it before the full file is downloaded. I haven't fully tested it but I doubt it is compatable with Real Player (which I like better than Media Player). When you convert (encode) the file it changes to a *.wmv file format and I think you can specify settings resulting in smaller file size. It seems like Real Player use to have something free like this, but I can't locate it now - Real Payer Producer G2???

To download the Media Player encoder, go to - http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-1896417-100-6217222.html or do a search for "Windows Media Player Video Encoder" - its free (only your sole goes to MS)

Formula Jr
11-05-2001, 07:24 PM
The problem I have with WMP is the #$%$#@ing thing goes and looks for the competition in my preferences file on the Mac and then sets it self up as a default application. This is why Gates is truely an evil person. :)