PDA

View Full Version : Barry Phillips ?

Sam
11-04-2001, 07:53 AM
Barry, check out my last post under "Repower" I had a question I was hoping you could answer. On another note, are you going to AOTH II. I am and would love to see your eighteen there.

Sam

Barry Phillips
11-05-2001, 12:33 PM
Sam, sorry about reply, thought I posted it
on Friday. To ansure you question, Demon Carbs
are manufactured by Barry Grant Industries www.barrygrant.com. (http://www.barrygrant.com.) I can't find a marine
application on this site, but they do exist.
I have had several conversations with engine
builders and car owners who prefer Demon Carbs
to Holly because of thier upgradiablity and
crisp idle. I have heard that they do not
run as rich as Hollys at idle. I have not
yet seen one in a marine application yet, so
I would like to hear of other experiences. All Demon carbs are 4 barrel and somewhat
custom applications. On my 350 2 barrel setup
a 4 barrel and aluminum intake are the
first place to start, than some headwork
and a cam. If budget allows a tuned exhaust
such as Stainless Marine or EMI. If your motor
is in good shape this should get you where
you want to be. As I mentioned before I
would like to break the 70 mph mark so I
will need at least 100 HP at the prop.
Where and when is AOTH II.
SO-SLO :)

boldts
11-05-2001, 05:13 PM
Hi Barry. Thanks for the website and information on Demon carbs. I can help you with your last question. AOTH II will be held May 9th through the 14th at Lake Cumberland in Kentucky. Our gathering place is a place called Jamestown Resort in Jamestown, KY. The event is held by the Midwest Donzi Club and for information, go to www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) Click on the Awakening button and you will be taken to a page that explains things like who to call for room reservations, preliminary schedule of events, maps showing the location and just about anything you would want to know about the area. Frank Civitano from NJ towed his 22 ZX to our event this year if you would like to talk to someone about the event. Or you could buy a AOTH 2001 video for that Donzi fix in the middle of the winter. Hope you can come over to the Midwest and have some Donzi fun with us next year. :D

Scott Boldt
Midwest Donzi Club President

Looped
11-27-2001, 11:50 AM
Barry or anyone else looking for Demon Marine Carbs,

I just got back a reply from Barry Grant ‘s Tech-Sales group and they told me that they sell a marine Demon carburetor line called the “Sea Demon Series”. He told me for a sbc with around 375hp they sell 2 models:

1282010EM (mechanical secondary)

1282010VEM (vacuum secondary)

These must be a special order or something because I can find anything on them. I am sure if you contact a Demon Dealer they will have more info.

Craig

RickSE
11-27-2001, 01:24 PM
Summit shows the vacuum secondary part number. It's out of stock and on back order. Part number GPT-1282010VEM, 650 CFM Sea Demon, $532.39. They don't show the mech. secondaries carb part number.

Jegs does not list them on their website but can probably get them.

The basics of the carb are probably the same as the #1282010 carb, 650 CFM.

Looped
11-27-2001, 01:56 PM
Now it kind of makes sense now. The actual part number 1282010 is for the 650 Speed Demon model, the “V” is for Vacuum, “E” is for electric choke and the “M” must stand for marine. Jegs sells the Speed Demon 650 cfm (Model# 1282010VE) for $399.99 plus you have to buy the dual inlet fuel line kit for another $69.99 that is specific for the Race/Demon models.

It sounds typical for a marine carburetor to be market up 33% just for a couple safety features added to it. :eek:

BigGrizzly
11-27-2001, 07:35 PM
I use the demon on my 502 supercharged. It is a 825cfm. Theit factory is in Delonaga Ga about 20 miles from me. I see Barry Grant every once in a while at Garry Grimes Racing. He and Garry go back a long way. Some of their carbs have replacable ventories to restrict or enlarge, mine does. The carb is real close to the Holley. Holley even sued them for patent infringrement. It was settled just recently. Noone really won except the Lawyers. My carb was made for the centriphical blower it has no vaccum ports at all manual linkage and big accelerator pumps. Really a nice carb

Randy

Looped
11-28-2001, 09:10 AM
BigGrizzly,
It's funny you mention the lawsuit from Holley because on the first page of Demon Carburetors it comes right out and says that they had 3 new models come out in 1999 to replace some Holley models:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/cringer035.gif (http://www.demoncarbs.com/demoncarbs/index2.htm)