PDA

View Full Version : what are we in for

waleyetwo
02-25-2002, 08:14 AM
we are going to KY we booked are room.so what are we in for?looking forword to meeting all the donzi people out there and get a face with all the names.me and mustang are looking forword to a good time.and some of the other winni bandits are coming to.we will get the # soon.

GEOO
02-25-2002, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure if their is a list of people going yet??? Scott? I'm heading out and I know of a bunch of Georgia guys. Let's start a count!!!GEOO

Scott Pearson
02-25-2002, 08:08 PM
Cathy and I will be there...Have had it planned for awhile.

(NJ)Scott

Crazy Horse
02-25-2002, 08:11 PM
Scott, When will you be heading down? Is Howell anywhere near Summit? I may drop Jared off at my sister's in Summit on the way down. Mustang & Steve, Tom Davis, me & Trish will be heading down from New England.

waleyetwo
02-25-2002, 09:02 PM
yes lets get a head count sounds like its going to be fun.

bverd
02-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Myself and Amy will be there... heading down Wed night to begin boating on Thursday. --Brad

Formula Jr
02-25-2002, 09:11 PM
I'll be there with a pre-restoration GT 21. It isn't pretty, but its a Donzi.

Waleyetwo, you're going to see some great stuff and meet some fantastic Donzi Fanatics.
Not to dismiss any of the other boats, but my high lights were seeing Geoo's X-18 machine in action, Randy's Criterion, Tony's 16 and seeing Frank's old boat flying at WOT on boost. The level of craft put into the 18's and 22's was also mind blowing. Peter, Todd, and Rick's 22s looked like grace on the water. The best part is that this event draws everyone from the entire US to one place and yet it isn't a pissing contest. And in an interesting way, it all works, that we can come from so many different places and through this one interest, find a basic commonality that defines the "Donzi Way." You can run as hard as you want, cause if ya break anything, there's help and a tow right there.

BERTRAM BOY
02-25-2002, 09:20 PM
Yup,
Diana and I will be there......
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Dr. Dan
02-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Liz and I will be tripping Wednesday night also, for boating on Thursday... eek! ...Doc

Tony
02-25-2002, 09:52 PM
I hope to be there with my wife, daughter, and freshly re-powered '67 Ski Sporter. (http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsporer1675.jpg) Things are beginning to move on my project and I am expecting it to go smoothly. (Knock on wood!!!)

Owen, thanks for the compliment on my boat. I am excited to your 21, plus all the other boats expected to be there...like bateman's teal Blackhawk for instance. Bill K...I MUST have a ride in your 18' Scorpion...ya think could we swing that?

roadtrip se
02-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Texas contingent including our 22 and Scott Dabb's 16 on the road Thursday for early evening arrival.

I am headed up to Cumberland this weekend for a little R&R, I'll be sure to post a report when I get back!

Are we there yet?

Todd

Scott Pearson
02-26-2002, 05:45 AM
Jon,
We are about 45 min south of Summit you and Trish and the rest of the gang are more then welcome to stay the night and we can all head out together. I think Brad and Amy are heading up also. We can have a Pre Donzi Party at my home. Anyone else up for it? Theres a ton of room...just not alot of beds...havent filled all the bedrooms up yet. What the hell am I saying....Just pass out anywhere....

(NJ)Scott

Woodsy
02-26-2002, 06:15 AM
Does this mean we will get to see a flyby of the 2 modded X-18's??? Waleye with the Blackhawk & Geoo with the Arneson? CDMA yours going to be done in time? Sounds like its going to be a REAL good time....

Woodsy :D :D

waleyetwo
02-26-2002, 07:35 AM
sounds like we are going to have a blast.how long of a ride from NH or boston and conn ?.cant wait to see all the donzi"s

waleyetwo
02-26-2002, 07:39 AM
woody are you in? i think you have to go to this one.

CDMA
02-26-2002, 08:46 AM
I will be there but not with the 22. Too much of a rush to get it done. I will have my 18 so I guess I can't play with the big boys this year :( :( :(

Chris

Mustang Susie
02-26-2002, 09:21 AM
Yeah Woodsy... what do you say? Can't go without all of the Winni bandits now can we? eek!

Geoo, Scot & kathy, Chris, looking forward to seeing you guys again, and to meeting everyone else. Seems like we know all of you already :D

Mustang Susie

bverd
02-26-2002, 09:23 AM
CDMA - You can run with the big boys, just take my advice and know where the gas docks are when you are out with em.

Woodsy
02-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Mustang Waleye & Crazyhorse....

The Princess & I will be trying OUR BEST to make the run down to KY. It sounds like such an awesome time. I just need a few financial bounces to go my way and we will be there!! I don't think I want to hear all of the AOTH stories when you guys get back... I would rather be there!!

Woodsy :D :D

Tom Davis
02-26-2002, 12:11 PM
Woodsy, we are NOT going to let you miss this one, it just wouldn't be the same without you and the Princess. I am getting the new Tow Vehicle ready to go. We need to start planning the route, what stops we are making, and time/day we are leaving.

Being so early in the season for us northerners we need to get the boats uncovered and splashed before we haul them all the way to KY and find out that there is a problem, just a thought...

Donzi Tom

CDMA
02-26-2002, 12:18 PM
Oh man with the NH crew there we are in for some time. Susie pace yourself on that wine this time... wink wink wink

Crazy horse will Justin be coming?

Chris
Done with this alpha thing...going Bravo...great now both boats are in pieces...I need help.

GEOO
02-26-2002, 04:52 PM
I'm looking foward to seeing all the Donzi group again!!! If Frank doesn't make it who will operate the blender?? We had two good fellows last year.
I'm driving out, not sure how my 15 month old daughter will like the 15 hour car ride??? I may have Heather & Hailey fly out and pick them up in Lexington KY. What do you guys think??
I have a room at Jamestown but I would love to find a group to rent a house boat instead. Four bedrooms, Hot Tubs, Blenders, two full size barbaques...etc.. Only issue is need to be baby freindly??? Not sure if it would work well. GEOO

BigGrizzly
02-26-2002, 10:08 PM
I'll be there but maybe without Lady Grizzly. The littlest Grizzly is in school and its too hard to catch up. Grades are an important issue with him, he likes that honor roll. If I don't get the lower unit fixed on the Criterion, the Corsican may be my mount there. I don't know if little Grizzly will be there yet. I'm sure the G.O.D.s(Georgia owners of Donzis) will he there with Bill's black driven 22 clasic, Tomahawk, Joe P. and any others we can get to come.

Randy

CDMA
02-26-2002, 10:21 PM
George,

I will be driving down with Adam and Cristina Thursday night and picking my dad up in KY on Friday. Be happy to help you get Heather and Hailey. I do not have a room yet speak now and I am in for the houseboat. Also for some reason if you want to fly with Heather and Hailey I can pull your boat down for you.

Chris

Pearson is a God...my boat looks REDICULOUS

boldts
02-26-2002, 10:36 PM
Hey everyone. It's going to be great to meet those of you I haven't met yet and rekindle the friendships with those I have. I'll use this post to total the count. Count Beth and I in and maybe Allison our 5 yr. old.

Total people = 40 So Far
Total Donzi boats = 19 So Far

:) :) :) :)

marcdups
02-26-2002, 10:39 PM
Geeo let me know about the house boat deal, am interested, and a great spare Dad, meaning great with kids, have three of my own and an arneson of a diaper changer with no streaks left behind :D eek! :D

GEOO
02-27-2002, 06:49 AM
I don't have any Houseboat in mind. I was just checking them all out on the net and it seamed like alot of fun. GEOO

waleyetwo
02-27-2002, 07:17 AM
what was the donzi count last year? 18 so far i guess we are rolling i'm sure the # will keep getting biger.

boldts
02-27-2002, 08:35 AM
Waleye,
Last year we had a count of 35 Donzi's at AOTH. I would guess in the neighborhood of 70 to 80 in the group. A count of 18 so far is no where near what can be expected. Many states are yet to report in. MI, VA, FL, NJ, TN, IL, NC, SC even the OH group is not all in. Last year's 35 were only the Donzi's staying docked at Jamestown. There were probably another 5 or 6 that were staying elsewhere on the lake. There are also a number of attendees who may not be members of this Registry. (How could that be? LOL) When-ever someone joins the Midwest Donzi Club, they receive a nice welcome note that also references the Donzi Registry web site which in my oppinion, every Donzi owner should be a member of no matter what model of Donzi boat they may own. Don't worry, all the messages on the Registry are not just hype. AOTH in KY is the place to be starting May 9th. Looking forward to meeting the NH gang! :D

Mustang Susie
02-27-2002, 08:59 AM
Ok Chris... I suppose you're right. After Lake George I probably shouldn't be allowed to drink at all. (yeah,right :rolleyes: )
But you have to admit, I do know how to nap and rally! (Woodsy taught me that one)
Looking forward to a great week.
Should I have Waleye bring the yager?
We'll have to ask Justin about that one! eek!

Mustang

RedDog
02-27-2002, 09:57 AM
Count me, Donzi Deb, and Genuine Trouble in Thursday through Sunday.

waleyetwo
02-27-2002, 10:21 AM
well i'm looking forward and it sounds like this is going to be the bigest yet and from all the people that i have talked to so far it's going to be a winner. eek!

Crazy Horse
02-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Scott: Thank you for the pre-party party offer. When are you actually heading down? I am hoping to get The Winni Group motivated to be on the road Wed. I would love to get the boats in on Thursday before it gets busy on Friday. So what is your time frame for departure?

Chris- Justin will not be coming along. He is focused on getting into a 'good' college and feels he can't blow off the three days of classes. I told him that you were asking for him and he said to say 'hello'.

Woodsy- Understandable the predicament that you are in with running two households, a boat slip, etc. Sure hope that you can swing it and one of the rooms in our cabin is yours (gratis) if you want it. I'll just double charge Donzi Tom. LOL.

Pony Boy (waleye for those of you reading along)- Where are you at with getting your boat from the guy who is painting it?

Sure wish Looped was going to be along but he'll have his new daughter to take care of...

Bonnie & George, are you bringing your boat?

waleyetwo
02-27-2002, 06:19 PM
yes charge tom double.and my boat should be done but i wont be abel to get all the other tings done but it will be there :mad: