PDA

View Full Version : Donzi's All-New 38 ZR

MikeMiller
02-22-2002, 11:03 AM
Hey gang,

Check out the LARGE photos I uploaded for the OSO gang regarding the new 38 ZR.

http://offshoreonly.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=226015#post226015

I hope they like. (I accidentally attached a couple of other photos that someone snagged before i could edit the post).

See all of you soon somewhere in the country!!

DONZIMAN2
02-22-2002, 02:57 PM
Mike thanks for the pics.BOB

Kent Perroux
02-22-2002, 03:05 PM
I'll take the two seater in White.

GEOO
02-22-2002, 06:34 PM
Mike, Great looking boat!! Awesome new look.. GEOO

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-22-2002, 09:14 PM
Mike, I got to tell ya OSO is not a pro-Donzi place to be, most will agree. You know I am a DONZI man forever...
I am not sure how much you read but many threads there have kind of tarnished the Donzi name...

Are you coming to KY?
Did Scott Bolts ever get his PROLINE sign replaced by a Donzi one? His prize at last years AOTH that got mixed up? His reward for his hard work?
I hope so because you won't live it down this year!

Write soon Mike. You have email!
Bryan

Scott Pearson
02-23-2002, 08:32 AM
Scott is waiting on a replacement sign...I'm still waiting for my FOOTBALL! wink

(NJ)Scott

oldLenny
02-24-2002, 02:04 AM
Mike...

Out of curiousity,...why did you not post your links to these photos, a new DONZI and wonderful women!!!...AND AGAIN, ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, thank you for that,... here first?

This is THE PLACE, there is no other,... and then make a post in OSO with links, to this place, not the reverse?

I was BORN, EDUCATED,and raised by "THIS PLACE".

This is where I learned about , and became somewhat of historian of, these things in the land of none...

I thank Scot V.A. and about a 1000 contributors of "absolute knowledge"...I'm not kidding,...for their contributions to a site that is the epitomy of "FACTS ON DONZI'S".

Don't get me wrong in this impersonable place of E-Mail and un-emotionable rhetoric, but,...

THIS IS THE PLACE!!!!!

Formula Jr
02-24-2002, 05:04 AM
Len, you will note that Mike used Donzi.net as the photo host. Pretty cool really. We already got the girls long ago, and the F2 scoop from Mad Poodle and other sources long before OSO got wind. :D

Shanghied Again
02-24-2002, 08:04 AM
Len, Also remember from a selling point of view. You have to reach out to the Consumer who is interested in buying the product. I love this site and I love you guys but how many F2s are we going to buy. Offshore only is one of the sites were there is more racers/owners then any other site. I know 2 people that are interested in the boat and I know number 4 is being purchased. When Donzi spends the money they did building this beauty they have to make a good return, This was the boldest move Donzi has ever made in years and they can't have it fail. Poker Runs are another big area! Can you imangine if they can get the same following on the 38ZR like Outerlimits gets on there boat! The 38ZR would be a hit. I am working with a man that is an Outerlimits head honcho he has a 42 with 1200s. That is looking to start a Donzi dealer and is ordering boat Number 4,Fully blown and Custom painted with 850s. If this boat is ready for the New York Poker Run. I call that the Miami Boat Show of Poker Runs. The boat will catch everyones eye! Then maybe there will be another cult folowing.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-24-2002, 09:22 AM
I have to agree with Frank, the OSO crowd and the HotBoat folks are the ones asking for data on the newer Donzi's... ie when the question is ask on OSO , looked at a Velocity, Donzi and Fountain today!" requesting owner thoughts, we usually get bad press... of course that doesn't influence the folks who truely love Donzi's (ME), for the "statement" they make, performance etc.
Three particluar Donzi situations lost Donzi some good press on OSO.... I am sure you all know what three boats that was. There are more performance boaters on OSO than any other BB.
And yes most of their posts are stupid, but not all.

Read 2 threads last night on OSO/Hot Boat, that the new 26ZX at Perico had rust on exterior components of the Laytham steering. A Hotboat thread was about Donzi's lousy reputation and he lived in Sarasota...

More evidence the the true potential buyers for the newer lines are on other boards... I scoured every board out there before I bought my new 26ZX this past Novemeber.

I will also agree that THIS IS THE BB to be on if you own a Donzi. Harbormaster does a GREAT job and I always sing him praise... THANKS SCOT
Another 10 cents worth from me!

AOTHII sooooonnnnnn......
Bryan

DONZIMAN2
02-24-2002, 12:24 PM
The future marketing of retail has to include the internet. Some builders get on OSO on a regular basis. It is really tuff for them sometimes but useful. The companies I have seen are Joe from pantera, Dave from Sunsation and many others. It helps to move there product. Just think of how Active Thunder has used this site to expand there customer base. OSO folks are a tuff crowd. When the builders get on there I think it gets them respect from the consumers. Mike did a good thing. OSO is getting bigger by the day. It is going to be a force to recon with in the future for an expanded consumer base. The access to the knowledge of this diverse group can make or break things in a hurry if it is left unanswered. Keep up the good work Mike. Look forward to talking to and seeing you again. BOB

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-24-2002, 03:03 PM
DONZIMAN2, you will see him (Mike Miller) again if you join me in KY! HINT!!!! I know your considering it, just kidding! I hope you can go... my treat!

Not sure if Proline will be at the event! aaaahhhhmmm.....

NEW TOPIC:
New battery in the boat today (warranty coverage)to replace the one that would not hold a charge and got the dust out of the bilge, oh, and of course cleaned the mirrors! And jammed a CD or two...
Bryan

DONZIMAN2
02-24-2002, 05:51 PM
I hear ya!!! Sounds like you are getting the boat ready to splash here in the next couple of months. Had Coffee this morning with RECKLESS. He just got back from his road trip. Talk to you soon. Bob

Shanghied Again
02-24-2002, 07:37 PM
Bryan, Took the boat over to the gas station and filled her up. I fiqure one more month till splash down. I still didn't get my prop out of the Attic. Actually I am still trying to straighten out from Miami! God what a site I must have been! Lets see, Limo drinking Jack and Cokes, Offshore Only party Jack and cokes, Florida Powerboat club, Jack and cokes and a visit to the bushes across the street! Then it was to Cigarette for there party and as you would guess it Jack and cokes! I sort of feel like the town drunk. :rolleyes:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-24-2002, 07:44 PM
Frank, I will ask Melissa for a debrief in person in KY!
I am sure her decription may offset yours!

BUT, I bet you were living large!
You go man!

CORRECTION... Frank was ALONE in FLA....
No wonder he was living large!
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-27-2002, 08:43 PM
I heard from Mike Miller today in response to an email I sent him on this thread....
He said all is all square with Scott B.

Glad to hear it, Scott's hard work might sell some Donzi's! AOTH will ROCK for sure!
It will be the Donzi event of the year, die hard Donzi Lovers, nice lake, great food and great boat talk (Donzi's of course).

Thanks Mike, see ya in KY for sure!

Oh, he did not mention the FOOTBALL....

Bryan

SundanceKid
03-12-2002, 06:35 PM
Doug Valentine informed me yesterday that the ZR has been clocked at a blistering 91.8 MPH eek! with twin 500 EFI's! Think Donzi has a winner? Well duh! :D :D

DONZIMAN2
03-13-2002, 09:25 PM
That is ROCKIN!!!!!!!!!!! GO BIG DDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Shanghied Again
03-14-2002, 04:57 AM
Hey Mike, I see Bobs boat is being moved from hull number 4 to number 3, This boat is going to be Awesome they are staggering the engines and some big HP there pushing for the 120 mark. She will have a good showing in the NY Poker Run. The boat is being sent up North to be painted the same guy that painted Category 5s Skater. He is calling the boat PERFECT STORM, I could imangine what this boat is going to look like a Custom 38ZR. As soon as she comes back to NJ we will be blowing up and down the bay with her! During the NY Poker run she will be driven by Jaci Traver (Twisted Chix) this will be a great showing for Donzi. I can't wait to drive her.
Mike I will be seeing you guys in 2 weeks, I will be in Sarasota with the boat.