PDA

View Full Version : 007

OceanCommotion
05-09-2000, 08:37 AM
Hypothetically speaking: Has Gene D ever entertained the notion of selling 007? I am a long ways away (Massachusetts) and logistics might be a problem, but I have long drooled over the photos of that boat.

Just Curious-

jj(jay)

GeneD
05-09-2000, 01:12 PM
I hesitate to answer this one.
My buddy Rob has been threatening for a year now to sell his non-Donzi and get an 18-2+3.
This has proved to be a pain in the butt.
Rob has offered me an amount that seems about right, but I am still hemming.
007 is a boat, a nice boat, but a boat none-the-less, and I am always willing to entertain offers. I am not joined at the hip with this thing. (We're joined someplace else!)
Now...everyone knows my desire to get a Magnum, but parting with the Donzi? Ehh, I just don't know.
Tell you what though, you and 007? You can't go wrong. It is one pretty boat, and can get out of it's own way, very quickly.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 05-09-2000).]

Forrest
05-09-2000, 01:52 PM
Hay GeneD! Who owns this Magnum 27 Sport (bottom of the page) (http://alfiberglass.com/repair.html). The place that did the restoration work is Cocoa. Looks nice!

PS. How 'bout that Jet Ski/Four Winds merger at the top of the page!

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 05-09-2000).]

GeneD
05-09-2000, 01:57 PM
P-15 Golden Girl?
I have never seen this boat before in my life.
I'll take him on though!
I have no fear anymore.
But wait...I didn't tell you about last Monday.
I almost barrel-rolled 007 in the Sebastian surf! You know...the Monster Hole?
Water was a bit bigger than I imagined. Took a wave over the port side, filled the cockpit up with water, soaked me and my buddy (second time in a boat) to the skin.
Turning around was a trick too.
Tell you what, the ride back through the inlet was pretty scary, and you don't hear that kind of thing from me very often!
Oh and the jet ski in the back of the Four Winns is a classic! I need to blow that picture up and hang it on my wall of fame.
Really, I think everyone should have a jet ski hanging in the back of their boat, it really is the safest position for them.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

OceanCommotion
05-09-2000, 02:37 PM
Just like everything else: it all has a price. I just love the way that rig looks. The red and white looks great.

You guys been to Magnum's website lately?

Nasty, Nasty Boats. Some hairy stuff on those pages. Bigtime $$$ though-

Forrest
05-09-2000, 04:41 PM
GeneD, what are doin' out there in Monster Hole? Man-o-man, you don't hardly see surfers there very often! That is one h-a-r-r-y place! For all of you Donzi freaks that aren't familiar with Monster Hole and Sebastian Inlet, let me tell you about it.

Way down in Geno-land, and even a little further south than that, there exists an inlet that goes across the barrier island connecting the Indian River with the Atlantic Ocean. That inlet is Sebastian Inlet and it marks the border of Brevard and Indian River counties, where Melbourne and Cocoa Beach is just north of there and Vero Beach just to the south. This area has some of the finest sport fishing and surfing on the east cost of the United States.

If you drive down to the Sebastian State Recreation Area, pay your $2 daily access fee, park your car, and walk over to the inlet, the first thing you will notice is that the water is moving, and I mean moving fast. All of the water from that part of the great Indian River is trying to escape through that 200-foot wide inlet out to the ocean. There are big rock jetties protecting the inlet on both sides, and on the North side of the inlet there is a really neat walk-way/pier over there jetty made of heavy-duty concrete with metal bridge-grating down the center. You can walk out on the pier and see big-game fish being reeled in by some serious anglers. Just don't get in their way. When the wave are rolling in, which is just about all the time, you will see many surfers catching some great rides on the beach side of the jetty. Watch out though when you walk down pier. That metal grating is there for a reason - to keep the pier from collapsing when the force of the waves that hit the jetty and exerts upward pressure on the bottom on the pier. The pressure is released thorough the grating. When that happens, which is on almost every decent set of waves, you get wet, from the bottom up! Anyway, the waves break in the inlet almost like the do on the beach. Many boats have been smashed on the jetty or have just capsized right there in the middle of the inlet. I once took my 16 Donzi out of Sebastian Inlet, and it was all that I could do to keep for loosing it. Once committed to the inlet, you have to go all the way through. After I was through the inlet and into the Atlantic, it was a MF to get the little Donzi turned around to shoot back through. Well anyway, I survived, and so did the Donzi, but that was the first and last time through Sebastian Inlet for the 16!

Monster Hole is a location about 200 yards south of the inlet and about 400 to 600 yards off of the beach. I presume from all of the current rushing through inlet, it sets up a swirling effect creating some waves and "soup" that you would never want to get any size boat caught up in - much less an 18 Donzi, Gene.

Did I mention all of the Hammer Head sharks that are caught out there? Awww, they won't hurt you. Don't you watch the Discovery channel? Anyway, if you have never been there and you ever get a chance to go to Sebastian Inlet, do it. It worth going out of you way for . . . an maybe even GeneD can give you a ride through the inlet in 007. That would surly make anything at Dizzy World look tame!!

Enjoy the ride,

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 05-09-2000).]

chris
05-09-2000, 11:19 PM
golden girl is a great boat!
its up near me in NJ a old offshore racer used to run it and now owned by a loyal classic offshore boater
LTs and trs i believe with clevers
it runs as fast as our yellow 23 sea craft w/ 2/200 mercs /bobs lower units, and the donzi is not even close to either.
i can only write this from only running w/ golden girl in the inlet between ocean city NJ and longport NJ
stay well yal and see you on the rollers
Christian

GeneD
05-10-2000, 06:46 AM
Forrest has described the "Monster Hole" and surrounding area very aptly.
Sorry, but I'm late for my MRI to have my head examined.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

GeneD
05-12-2000, 07:12 AM
Uh, I don't get it.
But yes, I needed to have my head examined after that little trip. I guess I was trying to tell this guy that even though we got blown out of the Miami spectator fleet, I could still go out in the ocean regardless of the wave height.
I don't mind telling you I was a bit concerned.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida