PDA

View Full Version : Made a offer on a Donzi 18 Classic Today, need you imput!!

Philip47
07-25-2001, 02:42 PM
As you may have seen from my posts I am looking for a Donzi 18 classic.

Made a offer today on a 1989, clean boat, stock with rebuilt 5.7 White and dark blue, has a windshield, (which I didn't want) I offered them $7,500, they sounded like if they didn't get a cash customer I was in.

I have found some pretty cool boats while I was looking, if I get this one I will turn you guys on to the other one I found for sale.

I have located a early barrel back triple hatch, has been painted in Imron (Donzi Red)original drive, replaced motor (warmed over 351 Cleveland) a couple of extra gauges added a few other cosmetic mods made, $9,500

I like the older boat but with it not being stock I didn't know if $9,500 was too high, plus it is all the money I have and there wouldn't be any money for improvements, that is I why for me a late model boat for $7,500 may be a better deal.

Any comments on either boat would be appreciated. :confused:

Greg
07-25-2001, 06:14 PM
Hey Philip47, If you get the one with the windshield and don't want the windsheild let me know, as I am looking for one for my 18. Thanks

BigGrizzly
07-25-2001, 06:47 PM
I have a Cleveland in my 18 Corsican and love it. The sound is like no other. My works very well. I did however spend lots of time and 8 different cams until I found the one I liked for all around performance ans acceleration.

Randy

Philip47
07-25-2001, 06:50 PM
Which cam did you wind up with?

BigGrizzly
07-25-2001, 07:09 PM
I ended up with a Babe Erson MAX 108. Babe is an old friend of mine and the origional designer of the Sig Erson cam, before he and Sig split. He makes most of my cams. I did try a Comp Cams and it was a poor 6 out of 8. I will now only use Babe Erson, Crane and Iskie cams. Unlike most I actually try the cams, advance and retard them and test them both on the dyno and in the boat. This is time consuming, but I get real answers. Not the "my buddy says" stuff. If you need info on the Cleveland, ask I have several. My Corsican and my 1971 MachI both have them and I am not ashamed of how either of them runs.

Randy