PDA

View Full Version : Volvo 270 Trim Tab

Craig
05-06-2000, 01:40 PM
Has anybody ever thought of, or tried, replacing the big bulky trim tab of a 270 with something a little more "hydrodynamic"? With thru transom exhaust? It seems un-necessary for it to be that big if you don't need it for an exhaust port. I was wondering if you couldn't have something made (or if something is available) that was small and thin like the trim tab on an Alpha or anything that has thru the prop-hub exhaust? Seems like it might aid speed a bit. I know thats not important. Any opinions or input?

Tony
05-06-2000, 11:01 PM
I'm currently having one custom built, stainless steel, that is costing me $50. Seems like a while back someone found one for $35, but I don't recall who...or the thread title. Maybe try the search feature... punch in $35 and you may get lucky!

Tony
05-06-2000, 11:15 PM
Emmette Murkette was who had one built. Mike is the contact name and here is his e-mail address:

mailto:vpparts@bellsouth.netvpparts@bellsouth.net</A>

Good luck!

Emmo
05-08-2000, 09:53 PM
I did get one from Wheel and Rudder Marine (http://www.volvopentaparts.com) but it did not have to be custom-made. It is a lot more hydrodynamic than the original and also has the clearance for my new Ultra Prop.

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>