PDA

View Full Version : End of the Season

RedDog
10-29-2001, 08:44 AM
My first season as a Donzi owner has come to a close. I winterized Genuine Trouble this weekend so it is now going to be a long winter waiting to take her out again. I learned a lot over the past season – GT is my first inboard and first real performance boat. Amazingly, I stayed out of trouble over most of the year – well I did hit a shallow sand bar out in Albemarle Sound at about 55 MPH – really scared me but no damage done.

I have always wanted a Donzi since summers as a kid on Wilson Lake in northern AL. My aunt had a cottage there and her neighbor/landlord had a late model 18 Classic. Well as you know I finally got my own. What I didn’t realize at the time was what else I was getting along with a dreamboat. The camaraderie that comes from other Donzi owners is special beyond explanation (sniff). I thank you, both those I have met and those I have only met on line, for welcoming me into your circle of friendship.

Can’t wait to see you at AOTH II – I’ll be there!

RickR
10-29-2001, 05:07 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time with GT. I sure miss her!

How did the disc brake installation go?

RedDog
10-30-2001, 06:32 AM
Yeah, it was a fun year

See this post for info on trailer brake job - Brake Job (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002800)