PDA

View Full Version : Primer II

CDMA
05-04-2000, 07:41 PM
Well it is done and it looks amazing. Greatest day of my life. The donzi got 2 coats of high fill primer that came out greater than my wildest imagination, I am graduating # 6 in my class and as of tonight I am a Eagle scout. The boat came out great. This weekend we block it out and then with any luck we spray the color in a couple weeks. It went well. There is no dirt, no bugs and not contamination. In my shed it is now holding 72 degrees steady and all I have to do is stay up all night and babysit the heater. Oh well it is worth it.

Chris

RickR,GroveCity
05-04-2000, 08:45 PM
Chris
Way to GO !!!!!

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

FrequentFlyer
05-05-2000, 02:33 PM
Chris -

Can't wait to see it.

Alex

Forrest
05-05-2000, 03:31 PM
NO BUGS!!! It’s a miracle! Prayers are indeed answered! But now that I think about it, I never got bugs in any of my primer jobs. They always go for the topcoat. Those little . . . Maybe there is something in primer that they don't like. . . or is it that there is something in the topcoat they DO like. Or maybe they just sit around watching you do the primer job while coming up with ideas on how they can trash the topcoat where it really counts!

Oh yea, depending on the type of high-build primer/topcoat system you are using, you may need to shoot it with their paint systems regular primer after blocking the high-build primer. Awlgrip is like that. The Awlgrip folks want you to use 545 epoxy primer, then high-build primmer, then 545 primer then topcoat! And you need to smooth sand with 220 between each different product application. Man! They must figure that you do nothing else except work on refinishing your boat.

Congratulations on all fronts! Damn, now that you've graduated (from HS or College?), you just might have to go out and get a real job! Bummer dude!

------------------
Forrest

PaulO
05-05-2000, 05:19 PM
I went with Imron because I am not that good with numbers! I can't get that Awlgrip stuff straight!
Paul