PDA

View Full Version : New Donzi Purchase

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-26-2001, 08:41 PM
Well, for those of you who saw my last post you know I have been searching and bartering all week over three new Donzi boats all over the states, the decision has been made and cleared with my bank.

2001 26ZX, 502 Bravo I, external steering, zero effort, full galley set up and several other nice little treats for the family.

Waiting on the FEDEX man for the papers, should take delivery (actually I pick up) week after next! The interest rates have finally fallen to where I needed them to be.
Bryan

boldts
10-26-2001, 09:01 PM
Congratulations! I know you've been working really hard to find the right deal. 502 and Bravo 1 is the right drive train to add speed equipment to. Can't wait to see the pictures and the boat in person. Still working on stopping by as we head home from the Outer Banks after Christmas. Is it to cold for a ride next week or will you wait until Spring? :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-26-2001, 09:21 PM
Scott, this boat is WAY up north! LOL
Big Lake, rough water and it is winter! I will ride that thing once to be sure it is OK. It will likely be week after next before I go get it, I will take a few days vacation and make a 2 day trip out of it!

Poodle, I will be at the AOTH II, I promise, and yes, with the new boat!
Next year I will stay at Jamestown like everyone else did instead of staying 60 miles away in my friends cabin, not sure if the rest of my gang will make the trip next year.

You know it is funny, some of my friends said why haven't you shopped other brands?
For Nancy and I we knew another Donzi or keep the Donzi we have!

HEY, YOU LISTENING MIKE MILLER? Donzi has been super to us this past year, thank you, we are happy to be part of the this family!
BY THE WAY MIKE M. you STILL owe me another Donzi Performance beach towel.... REMEMBER?
Bryan

Shanghied Again
10-27-2001, 07:46 AM
Bryan. Congradulations, What a boat you did your homework and it is now paying off, The 502 is a much better choice then the 454 you will love the ride and yes now you can play in the rough stuff with out getting beat up. Can't wait to see the pics.
:D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-27-2001, 08:59 AM
Thanks Frank, I replied to your email too.
I am thrilled, I dread the long drive that helped this deal but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to make things happen.

I am selling my hand held GPS to one of the members and today I am going to go look at the big color ones and look at where it would mount on Bob 26ZX.

Your next Frank... I see 28 in your eyes! There are a couple real nice ones on Boat Trader!
Say HI to Melissa for me.
Bryan

Forrest
10-27-2001, 10:13 AM
Congratulations Bryan!!! I'll be ready for a ride next summer.

roadtrip se
10-27-2001, 10:21 AM
A couple of feet this year, a couple of more feet the year after. It is a disease that can infect us all. AOTH3, Tuvell could show up with a 33ZX! Congratulations my man. You're going to love that 502BB over the 350. Bravo drive good! I get first dibs on a ride in May! Post some pictures when you get it. Todd

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-27-2001, 04:01 PM
Thanks you guys, yep a disease for sure, the 22ZX was a great boat to learn on, and learn I did, like I said, if not for the bay's constant hammering on the boat and body I would be keeping the 22, it too is an awesome boat!

AOTH3 I will STILL be the 26ZX. Maybe procharged by then! :D
I spent this morning climbing all over Bobs 26, some of us did not know what a transom shower was? Or what pumps the fresh water, so I am now educated! LOL
I got the pictures from the dealer today, I love the clean look of the standard graphics, looks my donzi just HUGE in comparison!
TODD, just emailed you a picture of her.
I hate to post any now until I sign the deal, but why not.
Bryan :D

Shanghied Again
10-27-2001, 04:08 PM
Hey Brian, How about E Mailing me with one
Thanks
Frank

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-27-2001, 05:02 PM
Frank, I tried, it was returned.... ;(
empty your mailbox trash / inbox.....

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-27-2001, 05:13 PM
well I tried to do it alone here in the post by reading the FAQs, I am not that swift at that stuff, could someone PLEASE put them in this thread??
Thanks in advance...

files uploaded to donzi.net

tuvellsideview.jpg
tuvellcockpit01.jpg

thanks
Bryan

BigGrizzly
10-27-2001, 06:41 PM
Got your E-mail sounds great. I am going to stay where I am for now. I have two toys that I like very much. It could change but not now.

Randy

boldts
10-27-2001, 08:01 PM
I'll see if I can get the pictures for you. Well, got the cockpit photo, but the sideview pic is not named what you listed or has not been uploaded to donzi.net?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellcockpit01.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellsideview.jpg

green16
10-27-2001, 09:25 PM
Congratulations. green16

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-27-2001, 10:07 PM
ok, I am going to try again, I need to get with the program. Thank you Scott B.

I have tried a dozen times, I will figure it out. I uploaded the name you were using Scott and it just went into your post!

I tried manually type the ubb code and also using the instant function. I will keep trying just so I don't feel silly that I can not figure it out!
Bryan

boldts
10-28-2001, 12:31 AM
Bryan,
Glad to help. Great looking Donzi. I'm surprised it's on a galvanized trailer seeing how its coming from the Lake Erie fresh water area. All the better for you being on the ches bay. I also like the simple graphics. If I ever get the chance to buy a Donzi like that, I might even order it with no graphics except the Donzi logo.

DONZIMAN2
10-28-2001, 05:24 PM
Bryan, Nice having you and the family over the other day to look at my 26. Next year is going to be a blast. I am glad you stayed Donzi. I will really miss not having the old 22 around. It was an awesome boat for both of us. Lot of good memories heading down the road. I hate selling things to friends but in this case it worked out great. Despite some opinions, DONZI boats are the BEST!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!Stay DONZI!!!!!!!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-28-2001, 06:04 PM
Thanks Bob, we are excited as heck over here.
If that FEDEX man don't get here tomorrow I am going to bust. Considering just taking off the afternoon of the 5th.

Jon is going to drive north with me to pick her up. I spent the day getting all maitenance records for the 22 in order and put all the cushions and stuff back in her.
Thanks again for the use of your boat and familiarization tour!

DOC, I got your email, once I lay out a map I will see when and where we can hook up.
Bryan

GEOO
10-28-2001, 08:09 PM
Bryan,
Congrates on the new Donzi.. Nice!!
GEOO

Dr. Dan
10-28-2001, 08:09 PM
Bryan, Nice looking ride! :D It'll be great Bay Bustin in that! Let me know when your heading North or South and I'll Meet ya?
Preferably on your way home so I can see the new Toy!...Doc :rolleyes:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-28-2001, 08:47 PM
Doc, sounds good.... Once we lock a route and day I will call ya.
Going to likely be in the 30's and 40's on Lake Erie come test drive time, just hate to spend this kind of money and wonder about the engine & outdrive for a 12 hour drive home!

GEOO, thanks, I look forward to seeing everyone in May...
Bryan

CDMA
10-28-2001, 09:04 PM
Sweet boat. Best of luck. Hopefully I will meet you at AOTH next year with my 22.

Chris

Crazy Horse
10-28-2001, 09:05 PM
Bryan-
Nice going...congrats & good luck.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-29-2001, 05:23 AM
Thanks to all for the kind words, we are VERY pumped up about the new boat.

It will be quite a challenge for my new jeep!
Bryan

BillR
10-29-2001, 07:15 AM
There are going to be a lot of new boats in the HRPA.

Lets see, who will be next?

Bob?
Jon?

I think we should place some bets. It could be a cool way to help pass the looooong winter ahead.
:D
BillR http://hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-29-2001, 11:54 AM
Two people in our group have their eyes on 33ZX's!

I hit AAA today, tranny fluid change scheduled, called work about next week, I am almost ready to go!
Bryan

RickR
10-29-2001, 05:12 PM
VERY NICE!!!!!!!!! Can't wait till AOTH II

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-30-2001, 05:58 PM
Testing, I can't let this photo thing whip me! LOL

http://www.donzi.net/photos/bowtuvell01.jpg

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-30-2001, 06:07 PM
I guess I am slow, but persistant.
Got it thanks to Scots great FAQ's.
Thanks.

The latest is there are some 6.5 and 6.99 quotes being offered as of today!
Life is good, I sure hope I qual for the lower rate!
Bryan

DONZIMAN2
10-31-2001, 09:03 AM
Bryan, That boat is slam awesome. Will be great to see the smile on your face in the 3-4 footers. The 26ZX is a great boat. Can't wait to get my hands on the 33ZX. When is the pick-up?

Bandit
10-31-2001, 09:37 AM
VERY nice Bryan!!!

I'm putting in my reservation for a ride in it at AOTH II.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-31-2001, 11:17 AM
Hey Bandit! How are ya! We will be at the AOTH II for sure.

DMAN2, pick up should be next week, leave Tuesday I hope. I just faxed them the financial stuff they requested. I should get a decision from their bank today I hope, if not the back up is I am already approved here.
Bryan

DONZIMAN2
10-31-2001, 12:47 PM
Bryan, If you would quit lighting the fireplace with 100 dollar bills you would not have to sweat loan qualifications. Breath buddy! You spend more on internet fees than you will on the new boat payment. LOL DMAN2

BillR
10-31-2001, 01:02 PM
Bryan,

Did you check w/ DANO on OSO for interest rates. He got me 6.74% and maybe lower. I just sent him my info.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-31-2001, 01:16 PM
DMAN2, your funny!
BillR, it appears I will get 7 something even, which is fine.

Now I am working on important things like some K&N bolt-ons etc... LOL
Bryan

BillR
10-31-2001, 01:56 PM
Mac has a Vortech / K&N. It really woke up my 502!!!

Ozarkboater
11-02-2001, 05:29 PM
Verry nice....I know you will be happy with it. That is one of my favorite packages. I envy you... :p .

ps I agree with boldts, plane white big Z

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-02-2001, 08:55 PM
OK, just had to add this, the dealer said they did a gig with the Hawian Tropics Girls when my boat was delivered!
They sent me this in the mail today.
I should sign the papers Wednesday.

I too love the clean look....
Enjoy, Bryan

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvell02.jpg