PDA

View Full Version : 4.3 v6 help , need more power

DamDonzi
05-01-2000, 06:30 PM
I have a 94 Scarab jet 19ft, it has a 4.3 liter in it. Please help me by telling me how to make it faster. Headers, cam, heads, intake, ect..ect.. please help me i want it to run 65 without power adder. please also tell me how to maximize my jet pump.
thanks bill

PaulO
05-02-2000, 09:30 AM
I doubt that the inefficiencies of the jet drive can be overcome by that 4.3 no matter what you do to it. Remember all those 18-19 foot jet drive Tahitis and the like with supercharged 455 Olds motors? I doubt you had too many of them hitting 70. It's the same with the jet skis. Look at how much power they produce and the relatively low top speeds. People think skis are so fast. Try to find a stock ski that really hits 65mph and they proabaly have 150 HP in a 10 footer!
Paul

Forrest
05-02-2000, 11:59 AM
PaulO is right. You can probably pick up a couple of MPH by installing good stainless-steel impeller and a very tight-tolerance wear ring. Just stay out of the sand. More power always helps too. Check with the jet experts in California at places like Rex Marine and CP Performance.

Frank Civitano
05-02-2000, 04:53 PM
The 4.3 Vortech is a Great motor, The most hp you will achieve is about 225hp and even at that I had a 16 Donzi and the most I could get out of the boat was 60mph with a 3 blade lab finished prop. With a Jet your slip is to great.

------------------
Frank Civitano

CDMA
05-02-2000, 07:12 PM
Has any one used any of the Vortech heads on a SBC. I was thinking of them for a engine build up. They are easy, cheap, iron and new. I read an article that the flowed really well too. Any thoughts.

Chris

GeneD
05-05-2000, 09:28 AM
Is it really possible to make a Scarab go faster?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

RickSE
05-05-2000, 11:55 AM
Chris, have you looked at the new Chevy "Fast Burn" cylinder heads? They're supposed to be even better than the Vortec, but will probably cost more. The only thing I don't like about the Vortec head is the fact that GM changed the intake manifold bolt pattern, so you choices in manifolds are limited. I encountered this on my 96 pre-Vortech heads that require a special manifold which costs about $50 more than the old style Chevy intake.