PDA

View Full Version : Hornet Production numbers

RH
02-15-2002, 12:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how many 1972 19' Hornets were produced? I would also like to know how they handle with the Volvo sterndrive and original 350 GM V8 powerplant? Thanks for your help!

mattyboy
02-16-2002, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure of production numbers but the hornet is not as common as the 16 or the 18 classics, they are a bigger heavier boat and ride well, performance is effected by the wieght thing and more hp is needed for speed mid 50's avg the volvo is a strong drive, I know there are people who would jump on this, so if you gonna take it hush up if not start talking.
any hornet guys out there? let's hear from you
hope that helps

Matt

RH
02-18-2002, 09:16 AM
Yes Mattyboy, I bought the Hornet. I have been a wanna be Donzi owner since I first saw one on our small lake in 1970. A 1968 18 Classic in yellow with a black stripe. Now I am trying to figure out a good way to get it back to Iowa. Being a classic Donzi, I am sure that there is nothing else to compare with. I believe that it has the original 320hp Corvette 350 with the Chris Craft marinization in it.

mattyboy
02-18-2002, 09:42 AM
great news RH, good luck with it, do a search on towing on this board I remember a thread a while back about towing services.
there's nothing like owning a classic.

matt