PDA

View Full Version : The mercury isn't only thing that hit 65 in NJ today.

McGary911
03-16-2003, 09:38 PM
Fixed the trim pump, started the engine, liked what I heard. Temp was a touch above 60. Screw it. Drag the boat down to the ramp and see what happens.
WOW! I get it now. Now I know why you people are so crazy about these boats.
Took it out into the ocean, ran down to my hometown, 8 miles or so. Took it easy, but touched about 60, which is fine for the first day in my new boat. I'm hooked. Gonna be a great summer wink

Some pics:

Just dropped it in at Shark River, Belmar NJ:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jmcgary44.jpg
A self satisfied McGary behind the helm for the first time:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jmcgary43.jpg
Bow view headed out to sea in the Shark River inlet:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jmcgary42.jpg
Docked at the Wharfside restaraunt in Pt Pleasant Bch, NJ:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jmcgary41.jpg

I know, I wont post everytime i go out, but the first time kicked major ace!!

<small>[ March 16, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: McGary911 ]</small>

Wildfire
03-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Looks great! You couldn't have had a better day to try her out. That boat is too cool!

Don't worry about posting with the "fever". I hooped it up just because I splashed mine moving it to the new trailer. Wish I had taken pics.

tamburello
03-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Wow, she looks great on the water! Congrats on a awesome maiden voyage. Have fun with your new toy this summer.

- Jeff

Barry Phillips
03-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Boat looks great, keep us posted on her top speed. My wife and I took a ride to Lake George this weekend and than 40 miles south west to my house on the Great Sacandga Lake, you would need an ice breaker on both. Guys were ice fishing on south Lake George and snow mobile racing across the Sacandaga, I have never seen a snowmobile with a rooster tail before, the lake is melting and my neighbor had his beach chair set up in the snow, takeing in the rays. Spring was in the air and it has been a long long winter in the Adirondacks. I'm sure Fast Eddie is dusting off his Blackhawk in anticipation.

SO-SLO

McGary911
03-17-2003, 03:47 PM
And here I sit on an even nicer day, wishing I could run it again today! I'm an Irish guy working in NYC and I can't even go to the parade.
I didn't run the boat too hard, still in the getting to know it stage, I'm sure it has a lot left. Probably can use a bigger wheel too, currently running a 23p mirage. It has no problem pulling to 5000 on the 502, without trimming the boat out; i didnt want to run it any higher. This summer when i get completely comfortable in the boat, ill think about dialing it in more. Ed D and Big grizz have tons of experience with this boat, and both have offered to share. Ive got to pick up a handheld gps too.....dont trust that speedo at all....

Sounds like the fun has just begun... :) :) :)

Barry Phillips
03-17-2003, 04:51 PM
McCary, make sure you bring that bad boy up to the Lake George Donzi Classics Club Spring Dust Off , Ed always works hard to provide a good time and you will meet a lot of nice Donzi people who well make you welcomed. Anyhow I think everyone wants to check out that Criterian, cool and rare. Check out the LGDCC on the web for dates.

SO-SLO

Barry Phillips
03-17-2003, 04:52 PM
McCary, make sure you bring that bad boy up to the Lake George Donzi Classics Club Spring Dust Off , Ed always works hard to provide a good time and you will meet a lot of nice Donzi people who well make you welcomed. Anyhow I think everyone wants to check out that Criterian, cool and rare. Check out the LGDCC on the web for dates.

SO-SLO

Barry Phillips
03-17-2003, 04:52 PM

SO-SLO

MOP
03-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Well we can see "Gary" got as excited as the rest of us. She is beautiful I love the color combo. Best of "Donzi Daze" to you!

BUIZILLA
03-17-2003, 08:18 PM
In tears....no

J

mortified is a much better expression, I just got busy and snoozed..at least someone in the *family* got it.

Ranman
03-17-2003, 09:01 PM
You can say that again Barry. :D

I'm an excellent driver...an excellent driver...an excellent driver.

<small>[ March 17, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Ranman ]</small>

Fish boy
03-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Great looking boat; you are a lucky man!!! :D :D

Green with envy,

Fish

CDMA
03-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Awesome boat! I absolutely love it. Looks great with the red as opposed to the normal blue stripes.

Best of luck

Chris

Ok I need to get this "best of Florida" thread done some time

<small>[ March 18, 2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: CDMA ]</small>

Moody Blu'
04-01-2003, 11:33 PM
mcgary we have to meet up in the summer! I need to see one of the Criterions in person! :D

Oh yeah and to fly around the bay with another donzi! :cool:

KRAVEN
04-02-2003, 08:45 AM
Great boat,Can't wait to get mine in.Still waiting on ice to clear.Tried getting to Harsen's Island before going to JAMAICA but the Ferry was not running due to ice jams.I will try taking the boat up on the 13th.if the weather holds.Enjoy your piece of DONZI history.
DONZI + WATER = :D

TuxedoPk
04-03-2003, 03:08 AM
I found this great Criterion for sale on one of the boat web sites.. Called the owner immediately and was told some other guy from NJ had bought it!

You've got yourself a great looking boat. If you ever want to sell it, you've got a local customer.

After telling me the boat was sold, Bob went on for 20 minutes sharing the virtues of that boat. It was painful to hear!

Bob- Thanks again for your help looking at some boats online tonight. Your suggestions were a big help. (Although I wouldn't have needed the help if you hadn't sold the Criterion already :)