PDA

View Full Version : I think I got it......

olemissalum
03-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Well after a few mishaps I think I got my no start problem figured out. Since it was such an ugly weekend weather wise spent SUN cleaning boat. After cranking this morning she ran fine, but once again after sitting for a little while did not want to restart. Changed fuel filter again and still did not start, but this time noticed I could not hear fuel pump running so checked fuel pump and lo and behold the plug that powers the fuel pump had come loose from its bracket and water was slowly dripping on it from the plastic block drains. Pulled plug apart and blew dry and she fired fight up. I guess that after running the plug was getting enough moisture combined with the fact that the drain was not all that tight and put the two together and that was what was causing it to run fine after sitting for a while. Tomahawk noticed that day at his dock that it was trying to start but without the the fuel pump running just could get no fuel psi. Thanks to all that helped with suggestions as they all helped!!!