PDA

View Full Version : Sweet 22 w/Blackhawk on Ebay

bverd
02-12-2002, 11:28 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1804807374

That is the package I want... 502/Blackhawk drive, what fun!! --Brad

KMLFAMILY
02-12-2002, 12:39 PM
The only thing they left of this ad was the part about how they only trailered it to church on sundays for the last 6 yrs. The bids are on the move though.SUPER CLEAN. :p

Ranman
02-12-2002, 12:56 PM
Don't know how I feel about the pink and teal graphics. It sort of reminds me of my old Polaris sled. You can't miss the three foot "Donzi" on the side either. "This humble engine cranks out a astounding 420HP propelling this sleek craft to speeds of 85mph++++..." Ahhhh....not quite, maybe 80, but not 85++++++. "They just dont build them like this anymore!" Ahhhh.....yeah they do....in fact they're better than ever especially when equipped with an HP500 / Bravo combo. Oh well, not my cup of tea, but it does look very clean and is a Donzi classic which means not much will hold a candle to it. I feel so snobby.

roadtrip se
02-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Not in a working frame of mind today, so I called out to the used car dealer attempting to sell this boat. Before I go any further, I will not be bidding on the boat. Reserve is 35K.

I have faxed copies of the invoice and some maintenance workorders. Genuine 1-40 Limited Edition Blackhawks have a serial number like
DNABH010H495. The 'BH' identifys that it is a Blckhawk Limited Edition and the '10' the sequence of the 40 built. This boat has a serial number of DNAC2021J596. Not a Limited Edition, but a legitimate Blackhawk.

Looks like a real clean boat. I'll reserve comment on the colors. They are in the gel. Kind of a hybrid with the dash, guages, and wheel.
The invoice supports these modifications. It should have high back seats, not appearant from the photos.

The dealer said he would certify the 31 hours with a computer test. Good luck to those of you bidding on this boat.

Todd

MAXCAT
02-12-2002, 03:07 PM
the boat looks to be in rough shape. I can't believe he let the tire treads get that much dirt on them.

Scott Pearson
02-12-2002, 03:23 PM
Roadtrip great info.

Also, Correct me if I'm wrong but the true Black Hawks had "Gold" hardware etc. Also it had a hook in the hull at the transom. This one does not appear to have that. Why does it have a Texas reg. and its in Arizona? Dont get me wrong it looks like a very clean boat. Shame the grafix are in the gelcoat.

(NJ)Scott

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-12-2002, 03:33 PM
Cool Boat, I had read of the one guy selling one and then found out his boat was not original...

Again pretty boat, someone buy it and bring it to KY!
Bryan

RickSE
02-12-2002, 03:36 PM
I'll be in Phoenix several times over the next few weeks and can check it out if anyone is interested.

AVickers
02-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Damn! I was hoping to keep this boat a secret, save my bongo bucks and make a bid for it while it was secretly still in storage in Arizona... Oh well.

This was an Austin boat and I don't think it's been on the water since it left here. I've seen it close up on the trailer and out on Lake Travis. It's gorgeous and it's VERY fast. It also throws one hell of a rooster tail. The guy who owns it is quite an enthusiast and a really nice guy too.

The boat is a non-Blackhawk that was built with the Blackhawk Power Package and (obviously) custom graphics. I'm not sure, but I've been told that the hull does have a pad built into it to accommodate the surface drive. At the time (about a year and a half ago) I looked under this boat and a gold Blackhawk and on neither could I distinguish a pad or hook at or below the transom. They both looked like my own, plain-Jane '22 Classic. Maybe the difference is subtle, or I just didn't know what to look for...

Anyway, if one had to have a Blackhawk, but didn't like all the gold and graphics on the "original," this would certainly be the boat. Actually, I've had my eye on this boat and the DuoProp Volvo rig in Virginia for quite a while now... My guess is that although it wouldn't be quite as fast, the Volvo would hold up better and, for all practical purposes would handle better too.

Bad-Tat
02-12-2002, 09:58 PM
Rick,
Scope it out if you get a chance. Sure would look great in my driveway!!!

freeplay
02-13-2002, 04:18 PM
100% true on what road trip sez, Yes it is me with my tiny little big block in my genuine Blawk Hawk #36 that went through a little change after she left the factory .
Ah screw it I'm thinking about talking to "HP500" on a HP500 set up for mine.
As far as that boat running 85 ~ please, My buddy has the identical boat although a true blackhawk 502/BlackHawk drive and we gps out @ 76.2 in ideal conditions with an 1/8 tank of fuel.

cheers to all :D Chris

Bad-Tat
02-20-2002, 08:58 PM
Ricks,
If you get a chance check this one out and tell me if I got a good deal! Will be bringing it to ATOH in May. Any one looking for a good 16???

Dr. Dan
02-21-2002, 05:58 AM
Congratulations, Looking forward to seeing it at AOTH II. wink Safe Boating ... :D ...Doc

Bad-Tat
02-21-2002, 06:45 AM
Mad,
At least 4 22's fit now!! All the Hondroids now have 22's!! Sure is going to be fun!!! Randy thinks this one might be faster than his. Wonder how long that will last???

Bill

RedDog
02-21-2002, 07:02 AM
Wow! Way to go - can't wait to see it in person.

Look for me in the line wanting a ride.

mattyboy
02-21-2002, 08:17 AM
wbateman,
way to go!! good luck, congrats,
16 to 22 nice step up and 502 to boot !

Matt

RickSE
02-21-2002, 10:28 AM
wbateman,
Congrats, sounds like you bought the boat. I'll be in Phoenix this weekend, let me know if you want me to check it out.

Bad-Tat
02-21-2002, 11:46 AM
RickS,
Yes got it and if you have time give it a looksee!!
Many Thanks!

Formula Jr
02-21-2002, 03:00 PM
Bill, did you get a confirm from the seller that you are the winning bid. Cause, you'll note that the auction did not reach the reserve. As such, they are not obligated to sell it to you.

ToonaFish
02-21-2002, 03:11 PM
Wild Bill is gonna terrorize Cocktail Cove this year!!! Congratulations - you'll have the only Puddy Tat with a giant rooster tail on the lake! You know, you could always paint Lil Red yellow and rename her Tweety Bird...

Hurry up and go get your boat!!!!!

Bunches,

Celene

Bad-Tat
02-21-2002, 09:38 PM
Formula Jr.
We did the deal after the closing of the auction and it was below the reserve. Paperwork signed and on the way back to them today. Just have to get it stuffed inside a semi and on the way here.
You coming to ATOH this year?

roadtrip se
02-21-2002, 11:32 PM
Can't wait to see this boat run at the AOTH2.
Now, if you want to avoid freight charges, we could go get it and you could pick it up here in Fort Worth. It is half way to Atlanta after all.
Might be a slight delay in delivery though...
Congratulations on your new and very unique Donzi.

Todd

GEOO
02-22-2002, 03:58 AM
Bill,
That's great I alway's wanted a ride in a BH boat!!! GEOO

Formula Jr
02-22-2002, 10:53 AM
Fantastic Bill!!!

With that boat, you are definitily going to be running with the BIG DOGS.

Congrads!!

RickR
02-22-2002, 11:47 AM
YEEEEEEEHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Congratulations! :D

nuck'in futs
02-22-2002, 02:23 PM
Bill, You will have a blast driving your new boat. They are a handfull but easy to learn. You do need to be very careful around 80mph.The bow will feel very light at speed and if it bounces up once or twice, back off the throttle. On the third bounce it can go straight up in the air and then slam down.It is not like chine walking that you can drive through. I was warned of this by a Donzi dealer in Ohio. He witnessed this while driving two Blackhawks side by side flat out.Never happened to me. Just being aware of this I am sure you will never have a problem. I had one just like yours that we got on radar at 81.9mph. I also live in Cumming. Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy your boat, it is one wild ride!

Bad-Tat
02-24-2002, 05:29 PM
Many thanks for all the kind words. Yes it will be a blast!! Will give rides at ATOH!! Might have a uniform requirement though!!! :D

ToonaFish
02-24-2002, 06:23 PM
Biiiilllll, do you really want to see these guys in a thong?

And at 80+, the women aren't going to be wearing the thong uniform for long! eek!

Bunches,

Celene 'shopping for a superglue thong'

Bad-Tat
02-24-2002, 08:36 PM
Celene,
You got the idea for the thong!!! I figure only hot ladies will be wearing them!!! Hot boat= hotladies!!! Superglue??? Trying to spoil my fun huh?

Forrest
02-25-2002, 04:41 PM
Congrats on the purchase, Bill. Instead of bringing up the rear in your 16, you'll be da man to hang with at Eufaula this year! :D

roadtrip se
02-25-2002, 04:55 PM
Bill,

Good to talk to you today. As I said on the phone, I will be only too happy to go over to Arizona and pick your new beast up; just don't expect to see it until AOTH2 time in May. After all, we got to make sure that it checks out okay and the weather is probably too cool there in Georgia to use it any way. Might as well let her pit stop here in Fort Worth for a couple of months. Might have a few extra hours on her, but I am sure you wouldn't mind in the family spirit of Donzi. Right?

On a serious note, please don't try to shoe horn her into the back of a box car semi. She will get damaged and this is too rare of a Classic to suffer such abuse. Pay to have her plastic wrapped by a boat yard and shipped in the open to her new home.

Good luck and I get ticket number one for a ride in May!

Todd