PDA

View Full Version : Hot Boat Article

GEOO
05-14-2002, 03:12 PM
I took 2 rolls of 36 slides to send to Hot Boat. I could use some help writing an article to send in with the film. If someone or several people could help or send me a few paragraphs and I'll piece it together. I would like to put in the highlights of the event from a few different peoples perspective. (don't worry I'll use spell check). I need info (year, engine, other interesting info) on a few boat's. The Blackhawks 18, 22's, Single Seat Hornet's, 18' with Alpha SS and ZZ crate motor, dates of some of the older boats, Randy's boat, new models and ZX's the outboard with the Honda's ect... I also would like to write something about about the lunch, helicopter, 76 Falls, Dinner, Barbecue and the great group of people from What states, longest traveled??. How many Boats? People? GEOO

Chummy
05-14-2002, 06:11 PM
Great Idea to get those who don't know about the "Donzi Enthusist" informed and hopefully involved.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-14-2002, 06:15 PM
GEOO, I just emailed you a para on all the ZX owners, name, state etc.
Bryan

waleyetwo
05-20-2002, 04:24 PM
sounds good geo

GEOO
05-20-2002, 07:37 PM
I called Hot Boat last Friday. After several calls I was able to talk to the Executive Editor,(Brett Bayne). He said he was not interested in doing an article. I told him they did one last year and asked him why; he said something like; Donzi was not an advertizer and it didn't seam to be an article he was interested in??? The heck with them; our photo's would just be making their magazine better and increase their sales!!!!
HUM, and I liked that Magazine!! GEOO

Peter Beck
05-20-2002, 07:43 PM
Hum...I wonder if Powerboat Magazine would????

Shanghied Again
05-20-2002, 08:02 PM
Geo, Powerboat Magazine Donzi is an Advertiser. Try Bill Taylor Poker Run America, Donzi is a big sponser.

GEOO
05-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Frank,

Good Idea!!!
How's the boat??? Can't wait to go for A ride.. GEOO

Shanghied Again
05-21-2002, 05:06 AM
Geo, She is running great! She is not as fast as my other one but the ride is awesome. There are a few Issues I have to take care of with her. When are you coming down for a ride? I am sorry we are going to miss you in AC, Dave told me. :( Talk to you soon.

Formula Jr
05-21-2002, 05:30 AM
Odd, the first and only copy of HOTBOAT I ever bought was the issue on AOTH.

"Faffell?"..............they can all burn in hell forever........... :D

riverrat
05-22-2002, 06:42 AM
I don't agree with them not runnig the piece but, I wonder why Donzi doesn't run some ad's with them? I guess it's a west coast thing?? Did ya'll see the blown '22zx in readers rides this month?

stay safe in the monster '18..sd:) :D