PDA

View Full Version : BBBRRRR, SHIVERING TOOOO MUCH!!!!! GEOO

oldLenny
05-14-2002, 01:44 AM
Geoo, I think you started something here, at least with me. I have watched EVERTHING that was posted by all of you at AOTH...with mixed jealousy for my own reasons.

...when I see a video, brought to us by Brad Verd, (who deserves a Purple Heart...) of an incredible ride enjoyed by three and we are going 1.6 MPH LESS than 100 MPH in an X-18', three people and 400 lbs of gas I gotta wonder where would this end up???

I assume a rocker/pushrod ate you up and slowed things down considerably :rolleyes: ,...but I want to know what you and Chris have a feeling for with this hull. I am sure between you and "MR. Thermal Dynamics" you have an idea. Just curious. As well , I have never been in boat with ANYONE with a laptop, (other than me when I do my quarterly taxes) on the water, what is the software you are running and what are you watching? Is your speed equated to "your" wing thing on the drive and running on it only?... or is the hull still in the water and is it a trim thing? Obviously the motor has many PONIES, and since maybe I missed a post or two, :rolleyes: , is it still a small block or does it have Chris's tendancies to get "larger". The Procharger and stuff is obvious, as is the ASD #6 but I am wondering how much of this "obscenity" is Geoo created and/or machine???

Cheers, and hope all is well!!!

GEOO
05-14-2002, 09:42 AM
Lenny,
Small Block Chevy, 4.7 lbs of boost at 6400rpm's, makes good power. I would like to stay at 6000; Could use more prop pitch to go faster with less rpm's; but I don't need to go faster and with the smaller pitch the boat has amazing acceleration.
The Procharger added 150-200 hp and I didn't change the prop from last year just rev the engine a little more.
The fin creates drag, but helps stabilizes the boat and corrects the ride angle.
The computer is for tuning the motor (timing & fuel) and diagnostic testing. I don't drive with a computer in the boat.
GEOO