PDA

View Full Version : Another perfect Texas Donzi day!!!

JimG
03-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Krakmeup and I splashed our new toys http://www.donzi.net/photos/jimgouting.jpg today!! And were joined by none other than the Harbormaster himself! Had a great day, both new(old) boats performed wonderfully. These dang things are FUN!

Another Donzi owner from the area, John, met us at Outriggers in his beautiful 1969 16. He brought along a friend, Paul. It was great meeting you guys...

JimG & Janet Marie :D

ToonaFish
03-14-2003, 10:15 PM
Is it just me, or was the first thought that went through your head, "Where the heck are their bumpers?"

These Donzi.net compulsions are contagious...

Anywhichway, they look great and I'm glad to see that your new/old toys are living up to their promise!

MOP
03-14-2003, 10:23 PM
The heck with the bumpers! Tis a nice sight gets us Cold Northerners Dreaming. A little jealous but happy for you guys.

riverrat
03-15-2003, 02:28 AM
lookin good!! :D man that left handed steering is differant though

the rat

<small>[ March 15, 2003, 02:31 AM: Message edited by: riverrat ]</small>

BigGrizzly
03-15-2003, 07:48 AM
Tis a good site to behold all them thar Donzis, but who wone the race?

Dredgeking
03-15-2003, 08:38 AM
is that under the kemah bridge? we're heading out for our maiden voyage today. wish me luck because i'm always paranoid until i get to know the boat. we'll have to head up to clear lake before it gets too hot. can't wait to get around other donzis and away from these flat bottm bay fishing boats. the boats look pretty sweet all lined up.

EricG
03-15-2003, 08:51 AM
Beautiful!!!

I second the great Donzi weather....right now in Seattle it's windy and pooring down rain, but I had to come down your way to Corsicana, TX to do a little work - I wish I hadn't brought so many long sleave shirts eek!

Thanks for the pic...

EG

Dredgeking
03-15-2003, 01:13 PM
we ran this morning and pulled the boat out just as the texas rain hit. damn. fun while it lasted.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dk101.jpg

RawHide
03-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Man, I gotta get back to Texas !

Looking good guys ! :)

krakmeup
03-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Yep, that's under the Kemah Bridge at Outriggers Restaurant. No bumpers needed, as the dock edging is completely lined with soft rub rails!!

Dredgeking, nice ride!!!!! Just tag up with us and we'll show you the area if you need any help!

We spent the last two days out on the water, highs were ~78F, water got to 72 today. I'm sunburnt!! Sorry to you guys up north, but this is just why we live here - 10 months per year for good boating!! Come on down and we'll give 'em all a good run!

As for who won the race?? I'm not saying..... :rolleyes:

(still on good shakedowns for both Jim and I until we know everything's A-OK).

oldLenny
03-15-2003, 08:36 PM
..even better when I know whe :D re the pic was taken. I was THERE, same spot, 6 months ago. Kemah is a cool spot. Best wishes on your new toys...Lenny

Tony
03-15-2003, 08:37 PM
That is a great shot of the beached Donzi and the young boy. CLASSIC!!!!

Dredgeking
03-16-2003, 06:46 AM
tony,

did you watch the wings last night? i love it when they crush colorado. i'm originally from MI so i'm still a wings fan.

krakmeup, i know what you mean about shaking down the boat. i didn't push it either yesterday. i'd hate to have to fun come to a complete stop because i overlooked something.

<small>[ March 16, 2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Dredgeking ]</small>

roadtrip se
03-16-2003, 08:35 PM
The only thing missing from that shot is a couple of 22's and a 16 from North Texas!

Beautiful!

Todd

Team Jefe
03-17-2003, 07:07 AM
Hey Todd don't forget about the Z boats :( .
We may be big and bulky...and able to eat waves like a chinese buffet :D , but we're still part of the family and have feelings too.

Actually, we had a great time Saturday as well. Not quite as nice weather wise, but hanging out with 18's really makes the Revenge look BIG :p .

JEFE

JimG
03-17-2003, 08:00 AM
Hey Jefe! The Revenge IS big! And beautiful! We loved having you guys with us on Saturday. The first of many!

JimG & Janet Marie

ps: and thanks for bringing all that grub! :D

roadtrip se
03-17-2003, 08:57 AM
Hey Jefe,

Some of the best memories I have in a Donzi include roaring across the Chesapeake with Bryan Tuvell in his 26ZX! Sorry man, just an oversight on my part, but no Z or ZX bias here!

Still think there is more room at that padded dock for a few more Donzis though, any kind, as long as it's a Donzi...

Todd

Team Jefe
03-19-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks Jim.

Todd - Just a little gig (I am an Aggie afterall). Looking forward to PK in September.