PDA

View Full Version : AOTH "made it home OK" roll call?

Digger
05-13-2002, 08:10 PM
thought everyone could post a reply that they made it home ok-

I just got home, made it in just over 11 1/2 hrs

thanks a million to everyone, especially to the Boldts. Scott, fantastic job, if you were in the Corps I'd write you up for a Legion of Merit.

Bryan, thanks for the section flight to get out there, the trip out seemed to go a heck of a lot faster than the trip back!

Bandit, thank you for the slip and for the help getting Freedom out of the water!

And to all who were there it was great to meet everyone! I had an absolute BLAST. See you all at the next event!!

Ranman
05-13-2002, 08:16 PM
Donzi Jenn replying . . .

Randy and I made in home in one piece! Horrible weather along the way. Wanted to thank you again for the leg to hold on to. What a great weekend. Can't wait for Winni!

Rootsy
05-13-2002, 08:20 PM
The boat and i made it back in one piece... now if it'd just stop raining and warm the heck up!

Hope you get that motor taken care of so you can burn some gas and make some noise out East!

GEOO
05-13-2002, 08:25 PM
Just got home, 16 hrs... GEOO

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-13-2002, 08:55 PM
Moving 10:34 minutes, stopped 1:04 minutes.
722 miles.
Slept 12 hours after posting our few good photos.

Glad to hear all are getting home sfae and sound.

Off to bed we boat tomorrow and Smith Moutain Lake Poker Run Thursday to Monday this week....

Ms RANMAN, who did you ride with after we left, I was almost looking for ya in the back seat of the truck! We enjoyed you guys company!
Bryan

tailwind
05-13-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey Digger: Glad you made it home ok: tell us now if you had any problems towing that bad boy and your tow vehicle. You have the prize for the biggest DONZI Right? Give us the lowdown when able, we all want to hear your story !

Best regards,
Randy

PS, Hope all the "Winni Folks" are safe at home as well ! (Next Year , "Our Southern Group" willl try to go head to head.

tailwind
05-13-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey Digger: Glad you made it home ok: tell us now if you had any problems towing that bad boy and your tow vehicle. You have the prize for the biggest DONZI Right? Give us the lowdown when able, we all want to hear your story !

Best regards,
Randy

PS, Hope all the "Winni Folks" are safe at home as well ! (Next Year , "Our Southern Group" willl try to go head to head.

Tony
05-13-2002, 09:36 PM
Got back to the Great Lake State in about 9 hours, but was welcomed by 45 degrees, rain, and a roof leak! Oh well, just one more thing to add to my summer "to-do" list.

boldts
05-13-2002, 10:09 PM
Signing in Col. Digger. Hope your engine isn't hurt to seriously. You and your 33ZX were a big hit with everyone and especially our younger attendees. I had to walk my Donzi onto the trailer also as we had a problem with the ignition system on the way back from the falls on Saturday. Thanks Bill and Liz for the help getting back to Jamestown. Everyone I've talked to so far thinks it is something easy to fix and as soon as it stops raining here in OH, I'll get out and check her out. Sorry to the Desmonds who were riding with me at the time, but Geoo's advice with the problem and in how to run the boat were much appreciated. Especially his advice on using the tabs. Take Care everyone until we meet again.

ToonaFish
05-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Well, Scott, you just answered my question about how the Donzi 22 flying lessons were coming along. And am very glad to hear that the new boat isn't suffering from something more serious. What happened to Digger and Big Griz's boats?

Bunches,

Celene 'inquiring minds'

boldts
05-13-2002, 11:26 PM
Toona,

Digger found water in the oil of one of his engines and BigGrizzly had a problem with a slipping transmission with his TRS drive.

harbormaster
05-14-2002, 03:45 AM
Digger,
I was a pleasure "flying" with you. I am glad you found diesel yesterday morning and made it home with no problems. I was worrying bout that.

Maybe I can head up your way and you can show me what its like boating on the Potomac. I will post the helicopter video on the site tonight.

Lets us know what the verdict is on the engine.

Doug L.
05-14-2002, 06:37 AM
Back in Michigan
Monday 6pm
Doug

RedDog
05-14-2002, 07:43 AM
Depends on your definition of OK, but I did make it home - less than 3 hours and caught the second half of my other son's soccer game!

Thanks to all for a great time and thanks for taking the time to show the "boys" some special times. The weekend was a hit for them.

Digger
05-14-2002, 08:50 AM
??Winni Bandits?? pls post when you can!

I'll get the boat over to my mech this week (I wish I was a motorhead :( )
will keep you posted

The drive was no problem. It's a handful but I've got lots of practice wink

waleyetwo
05-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Digger and everyone else,
Glad everyone made it ok. Just got in.
Miss you all already :)
Mustang & Ponyboy

mattyboy
05-14-2002, 08:09 PM
Scott P ,
hasn't checked in ,
hope all is ok

Matt

BigGrizzly
05-14-2002, 09:08 PM
MAde it hme just under 7 hours. Just so everone knows, even with the trans problem We had a great time. Looking forward to the next one.

Randy

KRAVEN
05-14-2002, 09:46 PM
Liz and I made it home sunday 10:30pm.Scott gald to here it may be a minor problem with your motor.Looking forward to AOTH3.

komikazee
05-14-2002, 10:08 PM
Digger,
Glad to hear everything went well on the way home. Sue and I just pulled in at 10:30 PM. It was a long trip! Put my back out just before we pulled out. Had to stop alot along the way.
Scott B.,
Had a great time! Did you say AOTH III was in June 2002? On the way home I thought of a name for your Donzi! I was thinking of maybe FARM YARD
you know the ducks and all! (you didn't think that was funny, did ya).
To everyone at AOTH II,
Sue and I would like to say Thanks for making us feel so welcome. Had a great time, enjoyed your company, and can't wait til the next Awakening!

Tracy&Sue

WOT-sup
05-14-2002, 10:43 PM
What a blast! Fun like that doesn't come around too often, but I'll bet it will be the norm for this group.

Got home this afternoon after making one more stop on the way south.

Thanks to all that made AOTH the happening that it was. See you guys and gals next time around....what a crew!
Special thanks to Doug L for the morning blitz and John and Kathy for the hospitality and tour in a Hornet like no other.

Off to spend a little quality catch-up time with Mrs. WOT-sup, catch you later,

Brad

Scott Pearson
05-14-2002, 10:44 PM
Just got in. It was a long haul but I'm home. 800 miles. Going to bed and will unpack in the morning.

(NJ)Scott

ClassicRazorback
05-14-2002, 10:46 PM
We made it back @ 10:30 pm.
13 HRS
WE HAD A BLAST!!

The Emersons

ClassicRazorback
05-14-2002, 10:50 PM
I also didn't say

We really enjoyed meeting all of you.

Chris

farmer tx
05-14-2002, 11:22 PM
Hey Digger!

Well we made it home in just under 24 hours!!!!! Got home around 10:30 am Monday morning. Left there at 1:00 Sunday. Long trip but well worth it. Had a great time meeting everyone and seeing all the Donzi's. Trying to send pictures to Harbormaster but we are not to good at that so will keep trying until we get it right. Thanks Donzi.net and M.W. Donzi Club for the great time.

Mark & Polly

Crazy Horse
05-15-2002, 09:11 AM
A little over 1000 miles later we are back in Massachusetts safely. We had a great time. It was worth the long drive. I'll be dropping off my four rolls of film for developing later today. Will post when I get them back.

Thanks to everyone and it was nice to meet ALL of you. Thanks Scott & Beth.

John & Trish

Bandit
05-15-2002, 12:28 PM
38 mi. and 6.5 hrs. later I made it to my dock. What a great cruise it was reflecting back over the weekend. Actually, it was so good that I took a couple days off and stayed on Cumberland and I'm just now getting back to the office.

What a great group of people to get together to enjoy boating. I appreciate those of you dedicated to travel so far to be part of this years gathering.

Many thanks go out to the Boldts, Mike Doyle, Mike Miller and Steve Staples(DJ) for putting a great show together for us to enjoy on Sat.

There's an open invite to stay at my place for those of you visiting Cumberland.

Steve and Sue, keep the rest of the Winni Crew out of trouble this yr!!!

Harbormaster, what can I say...You Da Man!!!

Digger, After driving the pontoon, are you considering trading-in "Freedom"???
:D :D :D

Peter Beck
05-15-2002, 06:52 PM
We took off early Sunday Morning and got back to NW Ohio around 3:00 PM. Great time and thanks Beth and scott!! What a great group of people.

BERTRAM BOY
05-16-2002, 06:12 AM
Yup.... Home safe 'n' sound.....
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Dr. Dan
05-16-2002, 07:19 AM
Now That The 2nd Half of our Rescue Team Has Checked In, We Will Too!!!! :D Thanks Big Time To Brad & Amy and Cliff & Diana....Doc & The Candidate!

J&K SHAHBAS
05-17-2002, 06:40 AM
Kathy & I got back to St Pete last night after stopping at my folks house in Knoxville. We can't thank the bolts enough for all of there hard work. We met alot of new freinds along with visiting ones that we have met at past events. The donzis at this event were all an example of the finest that we have seen anywhere, everyone should be proud of all the hard work it took to get here. Sorry for the mechanical problems Digger and Randy and Cliff, but your boats are just as great standing still. I advise anyone going to lake winni to take there vitamins, this group has way to much fun, YEAHHH!!!. Can't wait till the next get together J&K