PDA

View Full Version : An "Awakening" experience

CDMA
05-13-2002, 01:19 AM
Long winded and dumb don’t read on:

I have some more pictures but since there already are a million on the site I figure I will just do some fill in.

I want to go back. What an awesome time. Thanks so much to all those that gave my dad and I rides since I have this slight problem keeping a Donzi together. I need help.

I got in about 3 am Friday morning and crashed. Friday consisted of the following:

Riding with Geoo in the "Family x-18" I am in the back and Heather and Hailey are in the front with George. Now it is about 55 degrees out so we start going but Hailey gets cold. What do we do??? How about wrap up the girls in the cockpit cover. Now envision this: I am in the back of the boat one hand holding the cockpit cover down around Heather and Hailey and the other trying to keep Georges' sea bag from deciding it wanted to try to fly out the back. So this leaves me ten toes to wrap around anything I possibly can to hold on. And of course we all know how slow that x 18 is right? Then George keeps asking me " Chris is Boldts still behind us?" Now I attempt to turn around while still holding onto the bag, the cover and my life. Now of course looking thru the monster roster tail I am supposed to figure out if there is another boat behind us all while trying not to die... wink

The group arrives at the lunch place and have a blast. Only problem we had all day was avoiding the logs in the lake. Well at lunch we saw an unlucky bowrider that didn't fair so well in the obstacle course. The drive literally SHEARED off just below the universal joints. Just sheared straight off. Unreal.

Brad goes to the room to post pictures.

So the ride back involves the same acrobatic ordeal that getting to lunch did. The good part is that Hailey ( Geoo's 14 month old took an uncanny liking to me). After going back to the dock and droping off the girls it is time to see what mighty mouse can do. Made a couple high speed passes well into the 90s in front of everyone but had to back off due to waves ( aka we don't want to die). So of course it had to be up the river where GEOO and I rattled off a run that I would bet the title on my 22 was well over 100 mph. Too bad it doesn't matter what happens just what you can prove. Insane barely describes it. I love it.

Hailey wonders where I went.

Friday night BBQ was great but quickly went down hill as I realized by 10:00 it was basically the Winni crew, me and a couple others left. the rumors of me chugging the bottle of wine are fiction...I think. Dry county? What dry county?

Sarurday morning I sort of floated onto the dock and of course being young and stupid within 30 seconds I have voulenteered to help Cliff (bertram boy) change his starter. Well Cliff being the great guy he was pre greased the engine compartment for me so I could just slide right in there. Not only did he do that but realizing that I was probably still cold from the night before he preheated the engine to about 180 degrees so I would be really comfortable. So considerate of him. So here I am looking at this starter. Now I know there are only two bolts holding it on but for some reason I see about 12. This of course has NOTHING to do with the events of the night before. “ Yeah Cliff it looks like a ¾”wrench…ummm I was a little off looks more like 3/8.” After hanging out with Cliff I see why Diana always seems to have her eyes closed…. wink So after getting my drunk ass all the way down there to change the starter of course the replacement starter we have is the wrong one. Well at least I can make fun of Cliff all I want now and he can’t say anything.

Back in the outside world the light for some reason seems to be bothering me. NEVER let your guard down around those Winni people.

Hailey really seems to like me now…

Brad and I chuckle as Pearson is cornered by the “Ghetto smurf”.

George and I debate the merits of Titaniam rocker arms.

George and I look for the other half of the pushrod…Amy asks “ Where’s brad”

At least today I am not the dedicated wife and daughter tie down. We all head up to the falls and proceed to spend all day motoring back and forth trying not the hit the rocks. Wa Lo shows up…and helps my headache as 565 CI of Ford reverberate off the rocks. Stevie and Susie show up in the x-18 and steal the show. Everyone else goes behind the waterfalls…they decide…lets just go right through it. Only the Winni way. The raft gets bigger. We see water snakes. Kathy Shabas stands on her tip toes as far away as possible. John Shabas decides to go for a swim. Oh the donzi crowd… we continue to try to avoid bouncing off the rock walls in out 12 deep raft. Where did Pearson go? Ok time to go home.

Mike miller takes his new found boat driving ability and proceeds to stand an 18 up on its ass. I think he will die. Lands cleanly and calls it “planned”.

According to her mother Hailey is my new girlfriend. I look for the Winni people. Then reconsider.

Dinner and the auction go well as Liz buys the most expensive ($450) stickers ever. Dr. Dan smiles. Dr. Dan is enjoyinging bidding on stuff he really doesn’t want to help raise money for Scott Boldts. Dr. Dan is enjoying this way too much. Mike miller says someone is probably in the hot tub drunk. Stevie Marr says “ Hey that doesn’t make him a bad person” I laugh so hard my headache comes back.

My dad looks tramatized

Brad is posting pictures

My new girlfriend goes to bed.

I hide from the Winni folks.

Digger’s oil is supposed to look like that.

Heather discovers the merits of baby moniters. Makes everyone play quarters with her. She almost makes Winni crowd status. In an attempt to keep the remaining brain cells I have I hide from the winni cowd. Instead I spend the rest of the night with Tuvell and Somerville where the conversation keeps reverting to “penile studies”. I wonder what I have gotten myself into.

I take no part in the vandalism of Pearson’s truck. I prefer to avoid the wrath. We still wonder how Diana Wind walks with her eyes closed.

Sneak back undetected by the winni crew. I make it back to the room coherant.

Pearson the next morning before seeing his truck: http://www.donzi.net/photos/callard2002.jpg

His truck:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/callard2004.jpg

George's daughter still seems uncanily interested in me.

One final shot: http://www.donzi.net/photos/callard2003.jpg

Thanks everyone I had a great time!!!

Christian
05-13-2002, 03:54 AM
wow, Chris, thanks.

Christian

Formula Jr
05-13-2002, 04:22 AM
Thank you Chris. That's the inside stuff. Love every word. Of Course you go under the waterfall. DONZI --- Pretty much says it all, thats what we do. :D

Rootsy
05-13-2002, 07:28 AM
You chug like a champ there Chris... wink i hope the hangover wasn't TOOO bad!

mattyboy
05-13-2002, 07:46 AM
Chris,
sounds like a great time was had by all!
man who ever did that to Pearson's truck better go out and by an attic fan now eek! :p :D

Matt

ToonaFish
05-13-2002, 08:03 AM
Most excellent tale Chris!

Bunches,

Celene 'loose lips sink ships'

P.S. Blue pencil in action.

mattyboy
05-13-2002, 08:19 AM
btw Pearson looks "fresh as a daisy" in that pic
seems like they always pick on the guy from Jersey :p :D

Matt

CDMA
05-13-2002, 08:44 AM
Yeah secret was safe but ditch that post....just in case.

Not picking on Pearson just telling the events wink

Chris

Vector calc looks less appealing today...is that possible?

mattyboy
05-13-2002, 11:07 AM
Chris,
any one who has a beer bottle stuck to his face,
needs a little ribbing, Hey Scott P how'd you do that? :p :D

Thanks for the heads up Chris.
I have learned the following:

1. don't drink with the winnie group
2. don't park by Pearson
3. when in doubt see 1 and 2
4. never miss the aoth again.

hope all get home safe,

Matt

ToonaFish
05-13-2002, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I'm getting kinda concerned about folks telling me I'll fit right in with the Winni Bandits... heck, I don't drink and I don't own a Venus bikini... wonder what they could possibly mean???? :p

Bunches,

Celene 'drunk on life'

Looped
05-13-2002, 11:41 AM
The only key thing that you NEED to do is bite that dog back that bit you the night before and do it early!
It works every time :D

Ready for next years AOTH III
Craig

mattyboy
05-13-2002, 12:04 PM
Looped,
solid advice,
a big red one usually works too

Looped
05-13-2002, 12:11 PM
You mean the Bloody M. with lots of Absolut?

Em em gooood :D :D :D

mattyboy
05-13-2002, 12:17 PM
actually it is a mix 50-50 beer and tomato juice
bitters and a raw egg, if you keep it down it keeps the drunk going or if you don't keep it down
you "purge" the toxins accumulated the night before
either way problem solved
got to be in rough shape for one of those, usually a brew and 2 asprins or a BM sacremento makes a nice mix or tabasco if you can find it
and of course a stalk of celery for fiber :D
perhaps we could swap remedies at the dustoff!

Matt

Scott Pearson
05-14-2002, 10:56 PM
I still have a half of a can of WOOP ASS left.....who wants some?

(NJ)Scott

harbormaster
05-14-2002, 11:55 PM
Hey Pearson,
Whoop ass or silly string?

mattyboy
05-15-2002, 06:47 AM
I was geeting worried Scott you had not checked in
yet, but then I figured you were leaving "packages" in the attics of the perpetrators on the way home :D

glad all made it home safe!

Matt

BERTRAM BOY
05-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Did I mention that I don't have an attic?

BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

P.S. Chris , you Bastard........

CDMA
05-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Hey what did I do??? :p :p :p

Scott Pearson
05-16-2002, 06:23 AM
Harbormaster,
Silly string....that was some funny S**T. I'm still laughing. How do you feel after that wonderful ride back with Steve? "Husten...we have lift off"

(NJ)Scott

Mustang Susie
05-16-2002, 07:07 PM
Chris,
That was one hell of a story!(it was fiction right?) wink You ought to be a novelist. But come on now...we weren't that rough on you. I mean, you didn't end up sleeping in our cabin like you did last year at Lake George eek! (tylenol with that bloodymary anyone?)
Hope your Dad wasn't too tramatized. That means he won't want to come to the Winni poker run. That's where the 'bandits' really let loose. But in the words of the wise ol' ponyboy... "that don't make us bad people" :D

Mustang

P.S. What were you doing lurking around pearson's truck that night? :confused:

P.S.S. Ponyboy hasn't been able to read any of these hysterical posts from you guys because he had to go to Winni for the fishing derby the day after we got back (where they get so drunk they wouldn't recognize a fish if it jumped in the boat) I think his liver is going to leave him for a better man :p

CDMA
05-16-2002, 07:39 PM
Man rough
life...drink....fish...drink...donzi....fish..... :D wink

waleyetwo
05-20-2002, 04:13 PM
all i have to say is cris you are a wildman and you and your dad were great so come on up to winni so we can really party. eek! eek!

CDMA
05-20-2002, 05:02 PM
Steve Marr refered to me as a "wild man"...S#%*

wink

Oh I will be there

GEOO
05-20-2002, 07:43 PM
Hey Chris,

Is Dad going to Lake George???

Sorry Pony Boy, Family is coming. No midnight rides.

GEOO

CDMA
05-20-2002, 10:21 PM
What is this I think everyone was more excited to meet my dad then me!!!! wink

Chris

harbormaster
05-21-2002, 07:00 PM
oops. These time zones mess me up...