PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Boldts!!!

Bad-Tat
05-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Many thanks for another great ATOH Scott!! Had a great time even with all the logs!

bverd
05-13-2002, 03:51 PM
Only the second year and it just keeps getting better and better. Mucho thanks are in order... when are the dates for next year. wink wink --bverd

BigGrizzly
05-13-2002, 03:53 PM
We will be there next year too. It turned out really well even with cirtain boat problems occuring.

Randy

boldts
05-13-2002, 05:13 PM
I'll repeat what I've said many times. I thank-you for the compliments, but without you all traveling from distances a far, our event just couldn't happen! It's truly a labor of love for us. Seeing all of you together is what AOTH is all about. This year we had at least 51 maybe more although an actual count was not taken by me because it just doesn't matter to me. If there were 2 Donzi boats at the gathering, I'd be over whelmed.

Dates for next year? Well, it sure would be nice to get the following weekend when the jet skiers are there, but we've had two years of fantastic weather for our event. It was a little cool on Friday, but I'll take a cool day with no rain anytime. (Someone up above must surely be helping me in this area!) I really can't think of a better way to start the summer in the Midwest!

I hope everyone had or will have an uneventful trip home. The pictures here on the Registry are excellent, thanks Brad, Bryan, Scot, and Jamie. It brings the weekend right back to those who were there also. BTW, Madpodle, we need to see the M. Miller picture from Saturday night. If anyone has some copies of their pictures that you don't mind giving up to send to Motor Boating magazine, send them to me. They want the real thing rather than the disk pictures.

I wish the best to all of the Donzi family!

Rootsy
05-13-2002, 05:47 PM
No matter how humble you attempt to be you honestly outdid yourself this year Scott, in a big way... no doubt about it... what an absolutely FANTASTIC weekend... and i am sure each and every one of us there was more than happy to help in any way we could to squeeze every last drop out of the ride... you all got my attention... i'm a lifer for as long as it continues!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-13-2002, 05:52 PM
I agree, this year was AWESOME Scott.
I cannot imagine how it could get any better. The organization was very impressive.

Thanks.
Bryan and Nancy

Formula Jr
05-13-2002, 06:40 PM
I remember last year, when I traveled so far to meet total strangers, and they turned out to be exactly as nice as the posts. AOTH is THE gathering: For the opening of the season. Scott, thank you for creating this. Its a destination. Few people create destinations. You have defined a destination. :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-13-2002, 07:47 PM
Can't agree more Owen, we have got our route down pat now after 2 trips, this years was a bit longer (44 miles) but better smoother roads... and DIGGER to talk to enroute....

I think they should have a Scott B day on Lake Cumberland!!!! A state holiday!

HEY DIGGER, let me know when your home safe...
Your ramp gig was 1st class in my book...
You are a cool cookie in the heat of the moment!
Bryan

CDMA
05-13-2002, 08:11 PM
The boldts are great. What a blast.

Chris

Yes I agree Digger rocks. He was awesome to meet.
Mike Miller referring to the item Digger donated ( a shot glass, one of 200, with the presidential seal) " Where did you get this"

Digger replies matter of factly " Oh at work"

Guess you had to be there

Shanghied Again
05-13-2002, 08:17 PM
I was talking to myself all weekend, I even wanted to fly out there, I missed being with all of you last year was so great. There is no way I am going to miss next year! I was trying to get the guys at Typhoon Marine to let me go for a couple of days, But that was not happening. Scott I know you must have had the best yet! See everyone soon .

GEOO
05-13-2002, 08:27 PM
Scott, Beth, Thanks Sooo Much the family had a blast!!! GEOO

ToonaFish
05-13-2002, 11:00 PM
Digger stole shot glasses from the White House? Geesh, and I felt bad telling the Riggles to count spoons before we left their home!

Isn't that a felony or something! (Hope it brought in a ton of loot for the cause!)

Bunches,

Celene

harbormaster
05-14-2002, 03:38 AM
Scott and Beth, great job.
I had a blast meeting everyone. Thanks for everyones support. The trip was awesome except for the part where Poodle and I had to sleep in the mustang at the airport. :D

roadtrip se
05-14-2002, 08:59 AM
Scott and Beth,

The Texas contingent can not thank you enough for a fantastic weekend. Little bit of a slow start, but two really great days afterwards. Sorry about my whining about the weather. We just want these things to be perfect, because we look forward to it so much.

We think they should re-name Jamestown Resort,
Boldt's Landing on mother's day weekend ever year since you own the place then. Weddings? We don't need no stinkin' weddings!

Absolutely fantastic boats. Hornets, blackhawks, x-18s, ZX's in every flavor and trim, scorpions,
Criterions, and Classics. Run what you brung and logs be dammed!

Randy and Bill, thanks for the rides.

Winni crowd. What can I say, you bring a whole new dimension anywhere you go, I'm sure. Hope you'all are planning on packing up all of those yellow boats and doing it again next year!

Rest of you out there, ink your calenders for 2003.

Thanks again, Scott and Beth.

Todd and Jill

Mustang Susie
05-16-2002, 07:37 PM
Scot and Beth,
Three words... INCREDABLY GOOD TIME! :D
(thanks for allowing us to come)

Harbormaster and Poodle,
What do you mean you slept on the Mustang? Oh sorry... my mistake. wink

Roadtrip,
I've already told Ponyboy. Next year I'm with Heather. I fly out, and he brings the boat.

Oh and one last thing...
Boldts! Quiet down! :p

Mustang (shouldn't be allowed out of the house) Susie