PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust and Fuel Injection

Dave98
02-08-2002, 05:23 PM
I have a 1998 23 SportDeck......I know, it is not a classic but until all of the kids leave the house....it will have to do. Don't get me wrong it is pretty cool for a deckboat. Anyway, my question: I would like to install through-the-hull exhaust and possibly fuel injection. I took another members advice and bought the S/B Chevy Marine Performace manual. It is very informative but I stilll have questions. 1. Is it worth the expense of installing through the hull exhaust on a boat that did not have it before? 2. Should I change the manifolds awhen I do this? 3. Does anyone have experience with the Holley Pro-Jection 2 or 4 barrel digital injection systems?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for all previous and future info from this board.

Dave confused.gif

GEOO
02-08-2002, 08:24 PM
Dave,
Thru hull exhaust is nice, but the boat will be much louder. Adding fuel injection does not always give you more speed. GEOO

Sagbay32
02-08-2002, 08:56 PM
Does your boat have a molded swim platform? If so you may have problems routing below it, (too close to water) and above it could result in a nasty heat rash. I am not familiar with your transom so I am only adding my $.02