PDA

View Full Version : 26ZX Upgrades

Fab4x4
05-12-2002, 01:31 PM
OK all you 26ZX owners (Bryan, Frank C., etc.) what have you done so far and what have you gained. Bryan (this is 26ZXDonzi off OSO), did you ever resolve your low water pick up dilemna? Frank, did that 26 labbed ever come to fruition? exhaust? Still haven't done anything, but feel the need for more speed! Also, I spent the last week rebuilding my sea/raw water pump after another lake bottom vacuum job.

Shanghied Again
05-12-2002, 04:04 PM
I have the Typhoon boys working on the solution, I have a Vortech air filter I am putting in the new sea strainer and ordered the new exhaust. I tried a 26 pitch Bravo( No good ) lost to many rpms. We have come to the conclusion I squeese 66 Mph gps out of the boat at 5250 hitting the rev limiter the 26 pitch is at 4600 63mph. We are waiting for a Hydromotive 25 Pitch 4 blade and try it he feels tyhis should put me at 70mph 5000 rpms. The 25 pitch Mirage takes way to long to spool out and the boat runs like a dog. Top speed 69mph at 5100 not hitting the limiter but handles real bad not worth the hassle. The only other thing am looking at is a Vortech system 680 hp out the prop. But I dont know if I want to sacrafice the great ride of the boat. I will keep you informed of the changes and I will take a pic of the strainer when she is in.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-12-2002, 08:27 PM
26ZX, we haven't solve the low water issue yet.
I also have the Vortec (with a K&N element).
Lab prop, Bravo I. That is it, 66 to 67, and you work for that 67 on GPS.

Our plan may be to swap engine/drive this winter while some warranty stuff is taken care of in PA. And not being a motor head I have allot of reading to do, I would like to put one of the new Merc 525's in it, long story.

I will say that I am still interested in owning a 28ZXO with the Scorpion motors! Skips boat really got Nancy's attention.
We spent allot of time at the Awakening with a couple that has that boat! AWESOME!
Bryan

Jake
05-13-2002, 01:53 PM
Bryan,
Jackson Marine in Northeast MD still has their 2001 ZXO from last year with the finishline graphics. It doesn't have the scorpions, but they are down to $90,000. If it helps, they seem very motivated to sell it.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-13-2002, 02:10 PM
Jake, thanks, $90K is way over priced. It is basically a 26ZX, no cabin luxuries, an open bow with one more small block, I would say it is really worth about $75K. I had a friend go ther and look at it in person. I will pass on that one.

No hurry, we have lots of Donzi life left in us.
Maybe we need one for the lakes and one for the shore.
But thanks for the data.
Bryan

Jake
05-13-2002, 02:46 PM
I have been looking around at them and on boat trader and everything they have been around there. I went to the Bay Bridge boat show and theirs was $93,000. Have you found them for $75,000. I am still looking for one. Just not sure what to do. I was going to look at the one at Jackson. Was there something wrong with it. Thanks. Jake