PDA

View Full Version : Hynautic Steering problem

walter
03-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Hello again, On this F-33 Donzi it has Hynautic Steering. I have a problem with tuening the boat to the right. I'm at the end of the steering control arm that comes out from the Hynautic assembly and the engines are almost dead center. I have no problem turning to the left.

The control unit runs through the front of the engine on the right(if your facing the bow)

I have thought about getting a longer control arm going from 12" to 16" which would allow me to turn to the right but would know hinder me turning all the way left.

I need you expert advise or at least who I can call to get this fix. It makes it very difficult turning into the marina without crashing into all the other boats.

Thanks in advance.

MOP
03-10-2003, 10:44 AM
It sounds like the anchor end of the ram is not located properly. I would disconnect it, center the drives and ram and look at what you have to see if you can relocate it to the right spot. I would not lenghten the arm that will reduce your turning radius.

walter
03-17-2003, 06:36 AM
I have fixed the problem. The engines are 32" on center not the 26" that 3 differnt Yamaha dealers told me. I put a new tie-bar on and the steering problem solved. Thanks all the input.

MOP
03-17-2003, 06:42 AM
Ok I can not resist who put the short bar on in the first place. That one you could spot across the parking lot. Don't forget to set the toe in.