PDA

View Full Version : Value of 1995 22' Donzi

DinghyBoy
05-09-2002, 06:51 PM
I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to post this question. A buddy at work is looking into buying a 1995 22' Classic Donzi (w/454). He was asking me what something like that has for a market value and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I'm guessing it's in above average condition.

The seller is asking $20k and I was thinking $15k-$17k, but I'm not current on the Donzi trends.

Sagbay32
05-09-2002, 07:16 PM
Price depends on a lot of things: Condition, hours, trailer, prop, Fresh water/salt water use, originality......etc. The numbers I have been seeing are $20,000.00 to $28,000.00 for that range of year. Let me know if more info is needed. I am in White Lake (just south of you).

Stix Magill
05-09-2002, 07:46 PM
Mike answered while I was typing....
here is my response.

The question is too vague for a good answer in my opinion. No one here wants to venture a guess and end up screwwing someone.
Here are some, but not all the variables that you need to know to make an accurate estimate of the value.
1. The condition of the hull, stringers, transom and all else structural.
2. The condition of the apolstry. New seats cost $1100 if you can find them.
3. Is there a trailer? If there is, what kind and condition?
4. The engine. How many hours, what modifications if any, who did the work and maintenance?
5. The outdrive. What type and what condition?
6. The prop.
7. The overall apperance. Does it look new, used, or beat? Be critical!
8. Has it EVER been in salt water? Some people will not buy a saltwater boat and they sell for less.

I hope this helps. For what it is worth, I believe this boat sold new with a 502/Bravo last year for a discount price around $45,000.00. Better engine and newer boat, but a referrence.

Get us more info and some pics and we will try to take a stab at it, but remember, buyer beware!

On a positive note, I have a Minx 20, and I still aspire to have the ultimate Classic Donzi, the Classic 22! GOOD LUCK!!

Formula Jr
05-09-2002, 08:16 PM
Dinghybuoy :D

I agree with the above post. Boats, any boats, are not commondities with a set value. After a few years, in this case seven, you have to really examine the boat and count up with it's value. The most important clue to value is the "setting" of the sale. Is it from a dealer that knows little or nothing about it? Is it a prized possession that needs to be sold cause "Baby is on the way?" Get to know the owner, and your friend will have an understanding of the basic condition. Everyone wants a good deal, but sometimes, you actually get what you pay for. As a buyer, you are looking for a "Fair" price: Where the price is truely equal to the condition and you are comfortable with that price. The boat could be NOS and you might want to pay 28. Or the boat could have fixable problems that bring it down to 12, 10 or less. The game isn't finding a bracket of acceptable price, its knowing what you are buying and having a clear plan on what condition you want the boat to be in.

Laidback
05-10-2002, 07:56 AM
I just bought a 96 C22. The boat without trailer was valued at 26000 by Sun Trust. If you can get a 95 that has low hours, little or no salt, 454 mag, clean inside, good drive condition , then a good deal would be around 19K(needs a little TLC) on the low side and 24K on the high (excellent). I have to agreee with getting to know the seller, they have valuable information.