PDA

View Full Version : Procharger / 22 classic

HoleShot
05-26-2003, 09:39 PM
I just finished installing my M-1 Procharger , I took my maiden voyage yesterday and found a couple problems maybe someone can help?
Besides having too small prop and more hp than I could imagine, I was getting varying fuel presure it was working good for a while as the boost increased so did the fuel presure but then it would drop down low about 4# then would gradually increase again, think may be fuel pump problem so I removed the carter elect and installed my holley but haven't tried it again, with this system there is an electric pump in line with HP mechanical pump, also a presure regulator.

Second after I got back to dock I found some oil in the bilge, it apears to be have come from the left side maybe dip stick but don't know why? Any experience would be appreciated.

BUIZILLA
05-26-2003, 09:56 PM
I can't help ya with the oil in the bilge scenario, that would be Moodle's expertise.. :D

EXACTLY what engine combo are we dissecting here?

What size fuel line I.D. ?

Which Holley pump? Who's regulator?

Stock fuel pickup tube? and anti-siphon fitting?

PCV hose(s) run(s) from where, to where?

J

MOP
05-26-2003, 10:07 PM
It is a little easier to find oil leaks if you get it pretty clean then use dye in the oil. Let it run up to temp and keep checking.

smokediver
05-26-2003, 10:09 PM
I was reading a thread on hotboat website.. the guy was having problems like yours and it was because the holley fuel pump was failing due to lack of lubrication.. I guess holley never thought about re designing there fuel pump when unleaded gas hit the market ... that was a long time ago !!!

rag top man
05-30-2003, 02:47 AM
The Pro Charger has always been my long-range plan, I dont know what mtor you're running, but is the approx 150 extra horse power "too much" ?
(I mean, can you have too much?) Coolest thing about the Pro Charger is that once you're out of the throttle, w/ all working right, the boat runs and operates as if you never did the mod.