PDA

View Full Version : stereo amp location suggestions? (98' classic)

guy
03-07-2003, 12:09 AM
hey folks,

it took me a while to find the registry, it looks like you guy's are pretty tight.

have any of you found a good spot to put a stereo amp? i can't quite find a space big enought to put it.

thanks for any ideas.

guy

Digger
03-07-2003, 06:07 AM
Guy, welcome to the board. You'll get plenty of advice/opinions here. Tell us about your boat. And how big is the amp? Wherever you end up putting it make sure it is not near a heat source, and mount it to allow air to circulate all around it.

Donzi Blackhawk
03-07-2003, 06:39 AM
My amp is mounted on the backside of the stbd. footrest. This area is cored, plus it is a good dry location.

Bryant

Budmann
03-07-2003, 07:56 AM
Dido to Blackhawk. Except mine is mounted to the port backside footrest!

ITTLFLI
03-07-2003, 08:29 AM
I through bolted mine on the backside of the backseat, in the engine compartment. This way it was close to the battery and easy to run wire. The heat from the engine really doesn't bother it.

blackhawk
03-07-2003, 08:45 AM
I would say back side of foot rest would work pretty well. I have my cd changer mounted on the top of the footrest. I mounted my amp right on my sub box which is mounted in front of the storage under the deck. If you're not using a sub I'd use a footrest.

guy
03-08-2003, 03:16 AM
thanks guys.

i'm leaning toward the back of the stbd. footrest. (maybe it'll help balance me if its on "her" side!)

i thought i'd build a little shelf in front of the storage area for the bazooka sub. i don't think i should use screws to attach the shelf to the hull... maybe liquid nails?

digger- it's a 98 22 classic that i got used from the dealer in 99. it only had about 5 hours on it back then. the dealer said is had been leased to "VIP" (the tv show). :cool:

thanks again for your help!