PDA

View Full Version : WAX Question

Anaconda
05-07-2002, 10:17 PM
Does anyone have an opinion about teflon wax & or this 5 Star Shine product? I was thinking about doing the deck with it? Any truth to their claims?

Tomahawk
05-07-2002, 10:46 PM
My boat gets Starbrite Premium boat polish. Works great.

HP 600SC
05-08-2002, 04:43 AM
I use Turtlewax cream wax in the plastic bottle
on gel-coated boats.
It works for me, I have tried 15 or so different
one's.

Tidbart
05-08-2002, 06:24 AM
I use the Starbright Polish with Teflon. No waxing necessary. Easily applied by hand or a polisher. Slick. Just be careful, under certain circumstances you may find yourself sliding off the boat.

mattyboy
05-08-2002, 06:28 AM
I use meguairs products seem to work well, some say finish don't last seem ok to me

Matt

Dr. Dan
05-08-2002, 06:52 AM
I am with you guys on the Starbrite Premium with Teflon :D Great product as long as the hull surface is clean!!! I also use the Meguires "One Step" blue bottle to clean stubborn stuff first, then I will finish over with the Teflon wink 3M also makes a "Finesse It" product, similar results to the Teflon from Starbrite!!! also very important is the "Type of cloth used to apply and remove" the products. In application it is less of an issue than removal, I generally use a broader nap fabric for removal (Terry Cloth) and finish buff with a finer denier fabric (old T'Shirt)! :p ...Doc

Tony
05-08-2002, 08:02 AM
I've also used the Starbrite Premium w/ teflon and UV protection, but notice that it leaves a slight film afterwards. Otherwise I love it for looks and long lastingness.

Since I'm out of it right now, (and leave in 2 days!) my auto parts guy ordered a Meguires product, supposedly a combination wax/polish, with teflon and UV protecter. I like the UV idea since my boat is all red.

Looped
05-08-2002, 08:14 AM
Has anyone tried Zaino on there boat? I have heard great things about this product for cars but I have wondered how it would hold up on the top part of a boat? The stuff is not cheap though...

http://www.zainobros.com

Craig