PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Minx documentation

1996Z15
05-24-2003, 09:16 AM
Since I can't use the boat due to the weather I thought that i'd look through the paperwork that I received with the boat. The original owner nust have been really in love with this boat as she saved alot of the paperwork. In the documents I found a letter from Donzi Marine congratulating her on the purchase of the boat; it has a signature by Richard Genth (not hand signed of course). I also got a copy of the "Boat Operation Test Report" which is pretty cool. I got the documentation for the Bennett trim tabs and I have the Mercruiser manuals and it even has the Mercruiser warranty card with all of her information on it. The final thing that I found really interesting was she, apparently, had the Donzi literature for the Minx photocopied and I have that as well. All in all, I got some pretty cool stuff to look through on this crappy day.

Tim Morris
05-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Yep! I've saved all mine too. 1987 Minx. When I purchased the boat in FLA, I negotiated delivery into the price. When the boat arrived (Toronto, Canada) I noticed some of the windshield hardware had worked loose and some was missing. I wrote to Richard Genth describing the problem and withing a week a full compliment of hardware arrived with a personal letter from Mr. Genth. I thought it was a class act then - and I still do!

olredalert
05-26-2003, 10:23 AM
Tim,

------Did you know Tim or John Chisholm,the former owners of DONZI?They had a summer home somewhere near Lake Muskoka.I have never been up that way but hope to this summer.Have heard that it exceptionally beautiful.What can you tell us?...........Bill S