PDA

View Full Version : Engine paint ideas?

Dalelama
03-06-2003, 03:21 PM
Trbuilding the Merc 320EFI out of the MINX...Looking for feed back.......

Engine paint.... type/manufacture & color suggestions?

Any advice on SBC "tricks"?

Anything else I should be looking at?

Murphy
03-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Get Dennis Miller's (is it Dennis Miller?)book on Marine Small Block Performance. The book is full of performance information. You sometimes see these for sale on ebay cheap. Put in Marine Small Block and see if one comes up. There's a company here in Illinois LO-KO Performance Coatings that will powder coat an engine block for $300. They're on the net if you want to look them up. I'd look into having that done in your area if you can find it.

Murph

Christian
03-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Hey gang,

IMRON it, lasts long cleans real easy and you don't have to bake it. it drys quick to

rbrboats.com (http://rbrboats.com)

Regards,
Christian Del Collo

MOP
03-06-2003, 04:18 PM
If you decide to paint, make sure its real clean. I tape everything up real good then wash it very carefully with hot water and detergent. I immediatly blow dry it and using a very small brush put a light coat of grease on the crank seal. Then apply a coat of Pettit Rust Lock, there is nothing out there better for a primer on iron that the consumer can readily get his hands on. It is real messy silver stuff once its coated well two or three coats it will hold paint till the surface is damaged. That is all I have on my salt water 16's manifolds and risers, after 3 years not one spec of rust. We use it faithfully in our shop. Final paint dealers choice!