PDA

View Full Version : What Could've Been....

EricG
05-07-2002, 11:17 AM
According to my Itinerary, I would've been on the road somewhere between Billings, MT and Fargo, ND right now (about 1000 miles into my 2500 mile trip eek! )....but instead, I'm at work, the boat hasn't even been de-winterized yet. But the condo's got new plumbing and a new roof (there went all the money). Damn - I'm so jealous of all you AOTH'ers. Have fun and be safe everyone. Take Lots of Pictures for those of us that are living vicariously through you these next few days.

Who's gonna be around to talk to this week?

EG

RickSE
05-07-2002, 12:05 PM
I'm with you Eric. I swore this time last year that I'd be going to AOTHII, but here I sit. Too many miles, and too many priorities. Oh well maybe next year. :( It sure would be nice to have an event here out West. Havasu or Tahoe anyone?

Greg
05-08-2002, 07:41 AM
I'm with you guys, maybe next year or another event later this year. This weekend I will be in the garage sorting through piles of matt, roving, cloth and resin. Not exactly my idea of a rock and roll weekend. To all those lucky enough to attend AOTH, drive safe and have a ball.

HP 600SC
05-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Well I'll join the gang too!
I will be working on the 20' Cigarette this weekend as I could not get the time off from
Wellcraft....but things could be worse :)

marcdups
05-09-2002, 08:13 PM
I'm in :( :( :( , all of the folks at AOTH do not let us get you down, have a great time eek! eek!

RH
05-09-2002, 09:18 PM
I know the feeling. I wanted to go, but kids and parental duties seem to get pretty busy these days. My Stepson of 17 just doesn't have a love for boats or the water. My stepdaughter on the other hand is getting to enjoy it with me. First night out on the Hornet this week, I made a nice high speed run past our house. That got her and Mom's attention. Down to the dock they came all bundled up as the weather was cool. Took them out for a spin and put my daughter of 11 years old behind the wheel for her first driving experience for the Donzi. Grins from ear to ear! Best was the comment to Mom. "This boat is cool Mom!" I, of course was right behind her while she is running the boat with a grin all my own. Hey HP, how is that 20' Cig coming along? I tried to talk my wife into letting me buy one in 1996. It was all original with a 454 and Merc TRS drive. Sold for $10,000 and was mint! We will have to make our own fun this weekend while the AOTH is happening!

Formula Jr
05-09-2002, 10:03 PM
I would have been SOL just outside of Salt Lake City. The entire coolant system of my van disintigrated on Tuesday. Almost every hose blew up at the same time. The main serpinine belt failed just after the tensioner let go, it got hot and blew all the hoses when the radiator cap failed to open. The parts need to be special ordered from Deerborn Michigan. Still waiting for them. And yet, still, waiting for them. eek! eek!

Hey. More rides in Geoo's boat for everyone else, right? Enjoy, Guys. Wish I was there.

:D

marcdups
05-09-2002, 10:15 PM
Crapola Owen, hope you and means of transport are OK, r u still gonna try to make it??

Good luck and be safe eek! eek! :cool:

Formula Jr
05-09-2002, 10:38 PM
Ever had a Kentucky, "Tropical," rain drop hit you in the face at 90 mph?

Oky, that WAS uncalled for....... :p

Its Thursday, where are the Pics of the AOTH earily birds????????

This year AOTH was at the big turning point from gathering to Major Event.
Wish the gods had made AOTH possible.

On a lighter note, Thunder on the Bay looks doable on the new schedual. :D

ToonaFish
05-10-2002, 12:52 AM
I feel like a three year old brat who's just watched her balloon float permanently out of reach. You can land a 747 on my lower lip. I've been in a foul mood since this morning and it's all Scott Boldt's fault. :p There is no hope of requesting "I Went To Bed At Two With A Ten And Woke Up At Ten With A Two" when I can't get WKYM.com to work with either browser. Even Mother Nature mirrored my evil mood; Lanier had 60mph winds, torrential rain, and quarter size hail.

And yes, I'd like some cheese with my whine.

Would you guys hurry up and post pictures and make my misery complete???

Bunches of grumpiness,

Celene 'need I mention the zit on the tip of my nose?'

Shanghied Again
05-10-2002, 05:10 AM
Well, I guess I am here with you guys to. I have to many prioritys at this time and I couldn't make the run, Its eating me up inside because I had such a great time last year frown

EricG
05-10-2002, 10:05 AM
Continueing the Donzi.net pity party.....last weekend, it was opening day in Seattle, I skipped it for the first time in years because it was about 45 degrees and raining...I went to work on the boat and it was too damn cold. This weekend, we have plans to go out of town to Mom's for Mothers day - Sunny and 70. I guess every weekend I don't use the boat saves me some money though...

Sorry to hear about the van Owen....I guess things could be worse.

AOTHIII here I come!!

-EG

Hull #18-83
05-10-2002, 12:18 PM
RickS,

I am game for a Tahoe gathering anytime during the summer months. I have a house on the south shore in Tahoe Keys with a 40' dock. Could fit a number of Donzis on it!

I keep my 31' Scarab there all summer but often have my 18' Donzi there for those early morning speed runs or late afternoon cruises into Emerald Bay. Let me know if you make it to Tahoe! It's a great lake for deep Vs but the high altitude and low humidity really sucks power from the engines!!!