PDA

View Full Version : All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

Laidback
05-07-2002, 08:29 AM
If you have followed my posts, I picked up my 1996 22 Classic on Saturday in Atlanta. I have wanted this boat just by looks over the past ten years. It has everthing I wanted...red color and 454 mag. Well, I dropped the baby in Sunday and it blew my socks off. The engine is new so I did not open it up too much. To my surprise the boat handled great, but that might be due to the hours I have driving other boats. I say this beacuse I have heard that you need to use the tabs and the boat is just a little tricky at first. She has a new 454 Mag, Bennet tabs, nice radio, virtually unused interior, B1 drive, and a new magic tilt trailer.

I wish I could have picked it up last weekend to meet Tomahawk, but I am sure I will see some of you guys soon.

Thanks for all your help and great information and I promise to post pictures with some babes in the back.

green16
05-07-2002, 08:40 AM
Way to go Laidback. Best of luck with her.
green16

boldts
05-07-2002, 08:51 AM
LB,
Congrats on your 10 year dream becoming reality. Your right about how well the 22 handles. Having moved up from a 18 Classic recently, I can't get over how the boat responds to trim. I finally got a chance to go out in mine by myself this past weekend and the lake was ruff due to high winds. I found that the only time I needed to use my tabs was getting up on plane and at just a smidge at WOT to settle her down a little. I may have been running a little to much trim at the time though. My 18 didn't have tabs or trim, so I'm experimenting and learning their use. What a thrill though. It's nice having the only 22 Classic on our lake, because no one else has one unlike the dime a dozen Baja models. It's pretty cool when a guy and gal on a Harley come over at the launch ramp and tell you that you have a beautiful boat. Enjoy your Classic! :)

Digger
05-07-2002, 09:01 AM
congrats Laidback!...gotta be just about the best feeling in the world :D

smoothie
05-07-2002, 02:55 PM
Congrats laidback!!!
With your new ride you now are truely laidback :cool:

HP 600SC
05-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Congrats on the new 22!! Sounds like with your experiance you will not need to touch the tabs.....they will scrub off MPH at WOT anyway.
The only time I use mine is if we want to
cruise at 30-50 and my big fat brother
is sitting on the port side of the boat and I want to level it off. :D

BigGrizzly
05-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Sorrywe missed you at Tom's. but we ate your hotdogs and burgers before they got cold. Good luck with the boat. BTW I don't use my tabs either except to level the load. besides the boat handles better in the up position except on rough water. If you do use the tabs I suggest indicators. I tested my Stainless Marine ones and they are great. I didn't have time to mount them perminently yet but they are great.

Randy