PDA

View Full Version : Those attending the Awakening

boldts
05-06-2002, 09:44 PM
Just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone attending the Awakening of the Horses in Jamestown, KY a safe trip. I know some of you like to push the envelope on the speedo. Just watch out for that motorist who doesn't know or care that it takes a little longer to get our rigs slowed down.

Those of you traveling with others from your area, take a few pictures of your car-a-van group. I'll be sending all the pictures that I take or that anyone else would like to give me to Motor Boating Magazine who will be doing an article about our reunion in Kentucky.

Me, I'm just waiting for 04:30am Thursday morning. Trailer tires are at 50 psi, wheel-bearing buddies are full, lights all work and spares are in the truck. Handheld VHF is charged and I'll be monitoring channel 76 on the way to the lake if anyone should have a problem. GPS is packed and name tags to stick to everyone's shirts that first night or two until the names click with the faces. By the way, as you get near the lake or Lexington, tune your radios to 101.7 and listen for the promotional ads provided by our friends at Sandollar Yacht and RV Sales. For those of you living in the Midwest(OH,KY,TN,WV,& IN), pick up a Boat & RV Trader, turn to page 45. A special thanks to Mike Doyle at Sandollar for the full-page ad about AOTH II. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends again and meeting the many of you that I have not had the pleasure or opportunity to meet yet. It wouldn't dare rain on our parade! At least not every day.

In closing, I want to thank each and every one of you who are attending the event. With-out you and your Donzi boats, there would be no "Awakening" at Lake Cumberland. On your trip to KY, take the time to take in the beauty of the country your traveling through. As we were reminded last year on September 11th, it could be gone tomorrow. Take Care, Enjoy, and Arrive Safely!

roadtrip se
05-06-2002, 10:54 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

LET'S GET READY TO RRRRUUUUMMMMBBBBLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!

Man that felt good. Now everybody get there in one piece.

Texas contingent locked and loaded, ready to roll.

Out...

Todd

Now what are all these Southern states we have to roll through... Oh shut up and just eat your jerky now would you....

farmer tx
05-06-2002, 11:25 PM
Roadtrip, We are leaving the Amarillo area tues. evening. Just wanting to know when the D-FW group were leaving. Thanks

roadtrip se
05-06-2002, 11:38 PM
frmrtx,

We don't leave until the very early AM on Thursday. If you wanted to hold up a day and rendevous with us, Little Rock would probably be the best place to connect. We should roll into town about noon on Thursday. This puts us into Cumberland around nightfall Thursday driving 65-70 with a couple of pit stops.

If this doesn't work, we plan on coming back Tuesday starting early. Perhaps we could convoy back together.

Can't wait to meet a fellow Texan Donzi fan even if it is in kentucky! Drop me a line if you want to try to meet up on the way up there. Day phone is 817.236.3238.

Todd

ToonaFish
05-07-2002, 12:04 AM
Don't Talk To Strangers While Traveling!

Somewhere around Chattanooga, I decided to make a stop at one of those rest areas on the side of the road. I walked into the washroom. The first stall was taken, so I went in the second stall. I had just sat down when I heard a voice from the next stall say...

"Hi there, how is it going ?"

Ok - I am not the type to strike up conversations with strangers in washrooms on the side of the road. I didn't know what to say so finally I said:

"Not bad..."

Then the voice says: - "So, what are you doing ?"

I am starting to find this a bit weird, but I say:
"Well, I'm just going to the bathroom, then I'm going to get back on the Interstate and drive to Kentucky..."

Then I hear the person say all flustered: "Look I'll call you back - every time I ask you a question - this idiot in the next stall answers me!"

farmer tx
05-07-2002, 01:07 AM
Roadtrip, We may have to wait. Polly tells me her boss has to show up for jury duty. If he gets stuck we'll have to wqit a day. If so I will get in touch with you. Thanks for the reply.

Scott Pearson
05-07-2002, 04:40 AM
Toona,
Thats a funny story....I'm still laughing.

(NJ)Scott

mattyboy
05-07-2002, 07:12 AM
Toona,

pmp lmao

matt

Dr. Dan
05-07-2002, 07:45 AM
Toona .... :D That has to be one of the funniest things I've heard!!! :D I can visualize that whole scenerio, ...my brother once, while on a cross country trip had a really bad case of "The Trots!" And quickly ran into a Rest Stop bathroom to take care of business, as he has now peeled the paint off any walls within 20' due to the intense fumes, he hears a group of distinct HIGH HEELS sounds wink , yep he took a wrong turn and was now stuck in the womans room doing cruel and unusual things to AIR QUALITY!!! :p He had to wait for over 20 minutes apparently before he could escape...I love your story!! :D ...Doc

Bandit
05-07-2002, 08:45 AM
Toona, it was just as funny the second time I read it!

The radio station is 101.7.

Local update....forecast as of 5/7, 8:00 a.m. on 101.7...rain and thunderstorms all week...friday morning rains going away mostly cloudy the rest of the day with high in mid 70's...saturday mostly sunny with high in mid 70's...sunday rain moving back in.

I've got to tell you, it's been raining cats and dogs here for a long time.

Lake update...I put the donzi in for a test run on Sunday and the main lake looked pretty good and it usually is much better down around Jamestown, although the creeks and forks had major debris which will be heading to the main lake, especially with continuing rains this week.

boldts
05-07-2002, 09:00 AM
Bandit,
Thanks, I don't know why I can't keep the numbers straight. 101.7, 101.7, 101.7. BTW, what was your name again? Just kidding. Looking forward to seeing you again. I think I must be getting old.... :D

Digger
05-07-2002, 09:15 AM
Scott, great post, thanks. Bryan T and I will keep eachother honest on the road, and hell I cant go too fast anyway unless I'm going downhill. We'll have a safe trip, can't wait to get there!

Toona once again, great post! does the reference to driving to KY mean you are coming after all??

Crazy Horse
05-07-2002, 09:24 AM
Lake Winni Donzi Club caravan rolls Wed.

Woodsy & Princess Nancy
Waleye (Pony Boy) & Mustang Susie
Tom Davis & (Chick du Jour) June
Donzi Trish & Crazy Horse
The Weavers are leaving today and George Culotta will be flying down Thursday. Look forward to meeting you all.

Everyone have a safe trip...
John

ToonaFish
05-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Glad you guys liked it! But really, drive safely, on and off the water! Take loads of pictures and we want to hear all the gossip and tall tales that are spun... nope, Digger, not gonna make it... and kicking myself more each day over it!

Bunches,

Celene 'It's a 70lb Bay Filly!'

boldts
05-07-2002, 11:50 AM
Congratulations on the new filly Toona! If you happen to hear engine noises on Friday morning, Don't worry, It's just us sending a wake up call to her. wink

roadtrip se
05-07-2002, 01:30 PM
frmrtx,

Just spent a little time on mapquest.

From Plainview to Little Rock is 669 miles at a 11:15.

From Little Rock to Jamestown is 495 miles at 8:21.

From Fort Worth to Little Rock is 360 miles at 6.07.

Just verifying miles and times. We will be in Little Rock at noon on Thursday. Looks like Little Rock would be a little over the half way point for you, so perhaps you could make this a stopping point on Wednesday night.

There is a Luv's truck stop on the east side of Little Rock on 40 where we could meet. It would be cool to caravan.

Let me know when you get your plans finalized.

Todd

ToonaFish
05-07-2002, 11:19 PM
Oh, huge groan, Scott! :D

This brat of a filly may have more horsepower than all the Donzis Awakening The Awakening. She's only got two speeds... splayed on her side snoring and WOT. Maybe GEOO designed her, cause she still has no reverse.

I plan to go out to the lake during the next several days and make VROOM VROOM noises... at least I'll be with you in spirit!

Bunches,

Celene 'I think I know Doc Dan's brother'