PDA

View Full Version : All I want is my golf shirt.

Dredgeking
08-04-2003, 04:19 PM
i asked when and how my shirt was shipped and my thread got deleted? all i want is my shirt. i have bought t shirts in the past. i was one of the 1st to pay for the golf shirts immediately. i even made a contribution to the site. i love the site. i support the site. i just want my shirt. i've been anticipating the shirt for months now. yes, i have emailed scot and have made this post because it gets responded to faster. please help me find my shirt. i don't want to rant and cause a ruckus. i just want my shirt.

scot,

for the love of donzi, help me out here.

goatee
08-04-2003, 11:18 PM
i think i read that post the other day. scott's post was the last one and he said it was shipped.

Dredgeking
08-05-2003, 07:46 AM
that's all scot said. i was the last one to post and i asked when it shipped and by what method. this would help me attempt to track down the shirt. instead of an appropriate response, my thread was deleted. i have emailed scot several times and i never get a response that gets me closer to my shirt.

Capt. Donzi
08-05-2003, 08:04 AM
Running to the store to get more Popcorn, I ran out! :D

roadtrip se
08-05-2003, 08:25 AM
Hey Dredge,

Email me your contact info to:

somewisbey@earthlink.net

I would like to chat with you.

Thanks,

Todd

Fish boy
08-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Thanks Todd.

harbormaster
08-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Raymond,

I am skipping out of town with your money!

Ha Ha HA HA HA ha Ha.

Seriously All I want is for you to get your golf shirt. It was shipped US mail. You should have gotten it by now. I will overnight you another one. If you by chance you receive the first shipment. Please send it back and I will reimburse you for the postage.

My phone number is on the goodies page and all over the website. If you are that concerned why have you not called me??

I have been using priority mail. I have had 3 packages lost by the freaking postal service.

I have asked repeatedly for folks to call me instead of emailing me cause emails tend to get lost in all the spam i receive. This is another price I pay for running a public website. They do not get a reply and they end up posting it on the board.

I would call you but I do not have your phone number.
Scot VanAlstine 713-898-0605

Dredgeking
08-05-2003, 10:03 AM
scot, i never accused you of running off with my money. i just want a bit of customer service. i know this site is a secondary issue for you, but you chose to run it, you have to deal with customer service issues. again, i love the site. i try and support the site through purchases and a donation. it's not much, but it's more than i've contributed to any other site. even the site i am a moderator on.

scot, did not know i should call. i actually hate people calling me and wasting my time with **** so i thought it would be better via email. from now on i will call.

i will no doubt return the first shirt if it shows up. hell i may even buy that one if angela wants it. i know how god awful the usps is down here. that is why i asked for when and how you shipped it.

had i got a better response from you about my concern, i would not have had an issue. i just wanted a little consideration and my shirt.

i appreciate the fact that you put the whole golf shirt deal together. i appreciate the site. i just expected a little better service.

if you need help with these things, ask some of us to help. i would volunteer some of my time to help the community grow. i do that on another site.

i have my 1st baby due in a week or so, so that may be contributing to why i'm wound up about the issue. :rolleyes:

Dredgeking
08-05-2003, 10:10 AM
i'm not trying to pick a fight with scot. hell we both have dutch last names. a very rare thing in texas. we should be sticking together wink

harbormaster
08-05-2003, 11:17 AM
AMEN!

boldts
08-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Just going to add .02 about this misunderstanding. I have created and sold AOTH t-shirts for the last 3 years. This year unfortunately, one of my shipments to NY did not arrive at the customers home. I too had been using regular post office shipping. When this customer contacted me about where the shirts were and if they had been shipped, I couldn't believe that the order had not arrived. I guess it is bound to happen to someone, sometime in the history of shipping product. Sad thing is that the customers shirt sizes were sizes that I do not keep extra on hand due to additional cost to buy. My customer explored every possibility on his end including the possibility of the package sitting in the post office or delivered to a wrong address.

Unable to locate the shirts, I have reordered this customer's shirts and will use UPS shipping to make sure they get there and I can track the package this time. This customer has waited since May for these shirts and I offered to refund their money and still replace the shirts. The shirts are being printed this coming Monday and will be shipped right after I pick them up.

My point for this post is. This customer could have plastered bad remarks all over the Registry and his displeasure in the service he has received, but instead contacted me directly and we have been able to work out the problem behind the scenes. Sometimes no matter how hard we try to get things right for the customers buying these items from the website or clubs, it just doesn't happen. No one pays us for our time and in my case, all funding for the Midwest Donzi Club comes from these shirt sales and an auction we hold at the AOTH gathering.

I know in our club's case, the shirts I design every year are often times worn by the buyers on their trips to the lake and even other Donzi gatherings they are attending. Therefore, if I have an order that does not get to the customer, for our club, that is a loss of exposure to the public. I never dreamed how big our gathering would become and how fast the club would grow. I am just now finally learning to let other members help me out when I need help. It's hard to not say I must do it all.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we do this for all Donzi owners and even other Don Aronow boat designs in our own time and many times with our own funding. Don't think of it like ordering a hamburger at McDonalds where if it isn't right, you simply complain to the manager and instantly a new burger is created for you the customer. Thanks to everyone for the support over the years! We truely value your help! :)

Ed Donnelly
08-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Scot, I know you will be reading this thread so I thought I should tell you that I worked late today, so I will get those items out to you Wednesday...Ed VanDonnelly

Dredgeking
08-05-2003, 06:42 PM
scott, i did try to contact scot via email. had i known i should have called, i would have. posting on the site was the best way i knew to get a response. i'm not trying to hammer on scot. AGAIN, I LOVE THE SITE. I WISH WE COULD DO MORE TO HELP. IT'S A BIG WONDERFUL WORLD IN HERE.

i just wanted a shirt. i looked forward to getting my DONZI shirt and showing it off to friends. i take pride in the site and was disappointed when people in jersey got theirs and myself in texas got nada.

that's all man. it's just about a shirt. nothing else but a shirt, man.

Chris-007
08-05-2003, 08:00 PM
Scot,

Can you tell me what happened to my post? I assume that an honest and no nonsense expression of sympathy for Dredge's situation is appropriate and unoffensive. Should I look forward to more of this in the future?

Regards,

Indyblackhawk
08-05-2003, 09:40 PM
Hey,

I never got the Christmas presents that my boys bought from this sight - buyer be ware. I also contributed to the sight fund raiser times three (one for each of us). We tried four (4) emails with no response. What can I say, my sons still enjoy and occasionally participate in the forums.