PDA

View Full Version : Lightning headers

Cuda
08-04-2003, 10:45 AM
I am going to need new exhaust when I get the engine back in the Minx. Is there any pros or cons to using these lightning headers?
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jgriffheaders.jpg

Cuda
08-04-2003, 03:57 PM
Anyone? These are on an auction, and I need to make the decision to go after them soon. I just don't want to get them, and then find out they won't work.

smoothie
08-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Cuda,I have been watching for a set for a bbc to come up for bid and from what I have found is that they are a good header for the $$$,boat builders use them and what you are looking at new sells for $1600.There are a few different styles to match up to your exshaust tips and also check your clearance to the engine hatch.

Ed Donnelly
08-04-2003, 04:58 PM
Don't quote me on this but, I have heard they are only good for 3or4 yrs in a salt water enviroment...Ed

Cuda
08-04-2003, 05:18 PM
Ed Donnelly:
Don't quote me on this but, I have heard they are only good for 3or4 yrs in a salt water enviroment...Ed That's what I'm hearing too. I guess I'll pass on them.

BigGrizzly
08-04-2003, 07:11 PM
The hedders work well but are vwey thin walled and are good for salt maybe 2 years and I did say it. they have a stainless set too but the welds are poor. After all my years of boating there are still only two exhaust I would use. 1)Stainless Marine, and 2) CMI exhaust. the rest are so so in looks and on the dyno. Beleive me almost all brands have been tested here on lake Lanier proving grounds

Cuda
08-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Randy, ever test Imco Thumpers?