PDA

View Full Version : Concours d'Elegance, Lake Tahoe

David Ochs
05-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Anyone have plans of attending the Antique Wooden Boat Show at Lake Tahoe this year? Probably not too popular with you guys in Florida. But for those on the west coast, it's a worthwhile trip. The show is exclusively wood. Although not in the show, there is a fiberglass boat lurking in the shop of the Sierra Boat Works(venue for the show). That boat happens to be an old Donzi. Pretty cool to see that among all the beautiful Hackers, GarWoods,Chris-Crafts etc. This years feature will be the Riva.
The show festivities last from August 7-14. The actual Concours is on August 8-9.

ToonaFish
05-18-2003, 09:51 AM
Talk about strange coincidences... I was just invited to the June Red Baron auction here in Atlanta featuring a '71 Riva... 28', twin 350's, a professional restoration, no reserve, and it's such a fun event even if you are kicking tires. Will still be playing in Kentucky that week, however.

Bunches,

Celene 'really wanted to bid on the Disco Volante'

oldLenny
05-18-2003, 10:23 AM
...aaahhhh,...a definate "maybe" :D

Hop, skip and a jump from here.

XK18_1972
05-18-2003, 10:35 PM
That's a great show! My boat is one of the few fiberglass boats that has been displayed there. There is a local dealer for Kazulin/Kavalk boats on the lake. This year, they shoud be introducing the new 24 Adriatic there. I visited the shop where they make them a few weeks ago and took a few photos of an Adriatic being built. The photos are at my Yahoo site, http://photos.yahoo.com/xk18_1972 . They are in the Kazulin directories. If anyone wants to know more about these boat, please let me know.