PDA

View Full Version : New 22 ZX scratches on hull

True Blue
05-17-2003, 06:51 PM
In looking at a purchase of a new leftover 2002 22 ZX, I noticed 3 black, shallow scratches at different points on the hull. They probably were caused by the loading of the boat on a trailer or the blocks that it is currently on in front of the Donzi dealership. Is this an item to negotiate with the dealership on? This is not bottom paint that is scratched, right? What can I suggest the dealer do to eliminate these scratches before I go forward?
Thanks

Shanghied Again
05-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Before you take the boat, Have the dealer fix the scratches by a fiberglass repairman or take money off to have it fixed yourself. DO NOT take the boat on a promise we will fix it! You will be wishing you never did. Donzi wont fix it and forget about Z care. I made that mistake when I bought my 26 and it will never happen again! I sell boats now and live up and beyond my promises, for my customers I extend myself and if they really want the sale they will take care of you.

MOP
05-17-2003, 07:41 PM
Besides my brokerage I am a new boat dealer, go back tell him how much you love the boat. Get him pumped. Then say Gee fix the scratches and YOU GOT A DEAL! I bet no questions asked just a SURE or Ok will be his response.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-17-2003, 08:28 PM
1. Have them fix the boat hull to perfect condition before any signing or money exchange, DO NOT negotiate it in regards to price, may come back to haunt you.
2. Then TEST RUN her, if needed, offer to pay for gas, this "no ride until contract" is BULL $HIT. If they won't ride that way, then walk away.

Too many hungry Donzi dealers, trust me I know, I just watched a 38ZX deal cause issues in 3 states.
And besides, if you are a SERIOUS buyer what is $100 in gas money for the dealers time, be fair.
Best of luck, keep us posted.
Bryan