PDA

View Full Version : 19' St Tropez

JP BRESCIA
08-02-2003, 10:39 AM
As I have posted in the past, due to the growing family, I am selling the 18' to again have a fishing boat. From the time I was 13 until I bought the 18 classic, I've always had a Boston Whaler for fishing. I justified selling the BW to buy the 18c in 2000 b/c all of my friends had fishing boats. Well, I am going back to my roots and goin fishin again.....

Before I hop back into and Edgewater or Whaler, I wanted to look into acquiring an old St. Tropez 19. A preliminary search for one has turned up no results. Does anyone know how many were made? Better yet, does anyone know of one for sale? I certainly would enjoy a winter resto project. Especially if I will be cruising in 19 St Tropez next year....
Thanks.

CDMA
08-02-2003, 10:56 AM
JP,

There is an older, tired looking one 30 min from my house. No for sale signs but it is just sitting. Appears to be tired but reasonably unmolested. I can't tell if it has an engine but there is no outdirve. If you are seriously interested I will pursue it. Also I believe one was just posted under the for sale section.

Chris

Holding the bunji hostage :)

Islander
08-02-2003, 11:18 AM
There's one with a ford 390 and a v-drive that just got posted on the board. I think there were 100 or so made. Great boat.

Here's the link:

http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000654

JP BRESCIA
08-03-2003, 10:19 AM
CDMA & Islander, Thanks for the reply. I should have said non-V drive, sorry. I saw that post and that is what got me thinking. I've always used outboards for power so I had to learn quite a bit when I bought the 18C. A V drive is probably not a good idea. CDMA, I think you mentioned you have a V-Drive when we spoke in LG. If you can convince me that a V-drive is better for the St. Tropez than a stern drive, then the boat posted here sounds like the ticket. I remember my grandfathers WAHOO with the inboard 454 quite well. Pain in the a*# in shallow water and not much fun at the dock with strong winds. I have plenty of time so I would certainly appreciate it if you would check out your neighbors boat. Or get me a name/number and I will follow up myself. Whenever you get a chance.. take you time. Again.. Give me your thoughts on v-drive Donzi's.

CDMA
08-03-2003, 04:20 PM
The Tropez I know of and was referring to is a volvo Outdrive.

Chris

Islander
08-03-2003, 05:44 PM
JP

Gotta agree with you on the draft hassle associated with the v-drive. No room for mistakes there. If draft is not an issue, the v-drive is simple and reliable, and docking is not a problem once you become familiar with its quirks. We had a v-drive model and it ran great.

Hope you find a nice St. Tropez.