PDA

View Full Version : Outdrive drama ends, lessons learned

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-29-2003, 08:31 PM
Last week when our outdrive arrived it was finally the correct ratio and serial number series (OMxxxxxxx)...
There are different inners to different serial number Bravo I's, I knew this and most don't when you talk late model Bravo I's.
Thank goodness we finally got what we expected..... Boated a few hours to break her in last Saturday and she ran great. Stopped twice to check drive reserve bottle, it was low, 1st time, no sweat, 2nd time made me worry.

Mechanic did an air pump pressure check tonight at the house, turns out slight seep from upper cap, he says "lets check the O ring," and low and behold there wasn't one in place under the cap!

Slapped one in, pressure tested the drive empty to 16 psi for 15 minutes, reglued and resealed, torqued everything and I have faith again...
Lets hope so... I wanted to film the whole thing but my teen had ran my camera batteries to zero. Go figure!

I learned allot in the process of watching him work, who would have guessed a new drive would have this issue, I called Merc today and confirmed the OM serial number I have was new and shipped from them.

So there you have it, I promised DIGGER a GREAT poker run this weekend when we spoke today, wish me luck that we have one.
Bryan

Brad Lyon
07-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Glad to hear the problems are over Bryan. I hope you can enjoy the rest of summer without any other incidence.

Brad

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-29-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks Brad, broke twice in one seaon has not been fun.
Wishing all good boating luck, myself included.
Bryan

tailwind
07-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Hey Bryan:

Ever get by the New Virginia Living History Museum, for what we all put an effort into?