PDA

View Full Version : Quick & Quite to quite

Barry Phillips
07-28-2003, 04:26 PM
I have a 496 mag with Corsa Quick & Quite Plus. Since this is a switchable system anway I would Like to get a little more rumble at idle. The baffles seem to be held in place by one retaining nut in the center, is this the case? Since I do not want to completely open up the exhaust, can I modify the existing baffles for a little more rumble? My 350 with Silent Choice sounded better.

Thanks
SO-SLO

True Blue
07-28-2003, 06:52 PM
Quiet. Q-u-i-e-t

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-28-2003, 07:32 PM
IMHO not worth the time, tips range from 150 up depending on style.
Here is what my mufflers I removed looked like inside, philips head on the other side of the nut you mentioned, but also a welded plate with cuts for the water to squeeze by.
Bryan

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellmuffedcan.jpg

Paul Storti
07-28-2003, 07:32 PM
I had the same problem with my tips, They are welded together so the only options are replace them or drill them out. I drilled mine out and I got a little more noise out of them but the best thing is to get new tips. You don't have to get the tips from corsa almost any tips will work. If you want to drill the flat plate out go to Home depot and buy 10 3/8" bits and some cutting oil and be prepared to drill about 20 holes in each plate around the edge and then the center will come out. The result is a straight thru tip but the inside walls have convoluted metal that is welded in place and that still cuts down on the noise. good luck.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Additionally, for some odd reason my 26ZX came with the biggest cans you have ever seen, 7" ...
I replaced them custom order identical from Corsa, with internal and Salsbury flappers for about $300. Regular flush tips are inexpensive, as mentioned above. I did the order to keep the factory look.
Bryan

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuvellcanside.jpg

ToonaFish
07-28-2003, 09:35 PM
A mental picture? Heck you can see them reflected in his photo!

Donzi Blackhawk
07-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Toona and Poodle,

I want to hang out with you guys at the next Donzi Party. You guys find humor line by line. I love it.

Bryant

Barry Phillips
07-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Thanks guys, I though it would be easier, ironicly I had these put on in the first place. The dealer ordered the boat without through hull, I had a choice between Captains Call or The Quick & Quite plus. I use the boat on a inland lake and thought the the Captains call would be way to much when open, but the Q & Q Plus was hardley worth the extra coin on the 496. As I mentioned the Silent Choice on my 18 sounded great, nice deep rumble but not ear spitting. Bryan the custom tips sound like a good idea, maybe next year, keep me posted on how they sound. Maybe Don N would be interested in a set of tips for his Testarrosa, the powers that be on Lake George have already nailed him.

SO-SLO

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-29-2003, 09:48 PM
Barry, tips sound great!

POODLE/TUNA, great shots at my cans...
I promise to scan and email something for you to help avoid
exhaust-can confusion! :D

Bryan