PDA

View Full Version : C18 hull vent alignment

WOT-sup
07-27-2003, 12:24 PM
Although I think I have seen both, let me throw throw this question out there.

Are your 4 hull vents aligned with the their respective longitudinal axis parallel with the CL of the boat?

OR

Are the vents aligned to be parallel with that 'panel' of the deck where they are mounted?? Since the deck is tapering in in the aft section, this gives them as slight angle off of CL. The fwd facing vents face slightly 'out' and the rear facing vents face slightly 'in' because of this.

Who has what in terms of this set-up??

Same question for the cockpit deck hand rail. Is that 7/8" rail bent to follow the curve of the deck or is it just straight?
Also, what is the actual length of this rail? I have a couple of 6 foot lenghts that I believe will have to be cut down a little.

Thanks for responces'

Brad

knee deep
07-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Brad, the rails do follow the curvature of the hullside/deck slightly, i got lucky and let the wholes underneath on my boat so they would go back in the same places. There are small allen nuts that really aren't neccessary but do keep the rails nice and tight. I also left the holes in the deck where the vents were and did a combination of eye balling them and measuring them from the aft end of the side rail and curved slightly. Poodle, I don't want to hear a word about how my vents are located...........

WOT-sup
08-04-2003, 11:24 PM
Knee deep, thanks for the response. If bending those rails is as easy as cutting them with a Rotozip, I'll be all set. Hope to find out this week.
Sounds like you're somewhere in S. FL. Where abouts? I'm spending time down in the south part of Coral Gables. Working on the boat under a tree, but alteast it's making progress.
Brad